“Nice place for transit”

Ranked #15 of 332 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice place for transit”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had an early morning flight with AirAsia (4 am). It's so easy to catch the shuttle bus from/to LCCT in that early morning. The shuttle bus was only 10 mins walking from the hotel in the day, but in early morning, they were only 100 meters from the hotel because they waited for you in the traffic lights nearby. It was really safe to walk in 3-4 am to catch the shuttle bus.
It's also near monorail and KL Sentral, so it's so easy to get around.
The room is simple and clean. It was adequate for 1-night stay.
I got a room with window and it was noisy all night long. It made me trying hard to close my eyes because I had to go in 3 am.

Room Tip: The room without window, I think is better.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We only had 2 nights in KL before moving on to Siem Reap on an early Air Asia flight so needed a hotel close to KL Sentral to catch the Skybus at 03:30am. On paper, this hotel ticked all the boxes but I was a little disappointed - maybe just my luck with the room we were given.
I booked direct with the hotel and we arrived early at about 8am. The check-in girl was very good and told me we could have an early check-in room if we paid 50 riggit which I thought was a good deal as we were both tired from travelling.
The room we were given had twin beds as requested (pushed together) but it was tiny and had no windows. You had to shuffle around the bed to get to the bathroom which had an opaque glass door which did offer some privacy. In saying all this, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the shower was powerful (open shower, so close toilet seat to stop it getting wet). There was no in-room safe but there was a desk in the room with coffee making facilities but this was not really needed as there was an excellent and reasonably priced coffee house right next door to the hotel where we had breakfast.
Would I stay here again - only if I needed to get an early morning flight because apart from the Hilton & Le Meridien which are right above the station and were over my budget, this must be the nearest hotel which is also well sign posted from the main road. To find the hotel - follow the signs to the monorail but when you get out the bus station and see the main road, look straight across for the hotel signs because the hotel is straight across the road about 100mtr away. For Skybus in the early hours of the morning, the busses wait at this main crossroads, which makes it very convenient to this hotel.
Stayed end of July 2012.

2 Thank WorldRoamer59
Prachin Buri, Thailand
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Location is very perfect near KL Sentral and Monorail within 10 mins walking. Breakfast with Oldtown white coffee is great!
Staff are friendly, room is clean, water heater and free WIFI.

one thing i want to comment is TV install direction they install it parallrel with bed so i should lie across a bed to view TV.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Akanee
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 27, 2012

we booked 2 rooms and stayed for 3 nights in this hotel. the hotel is nice, clean and very close to KL Sentral. it is very easy to go everywhere since all the transportation system stop in KL Sentral (airport bus, KTM komuter, LRT, go genting, monorail). we will stay in this hotel again when we visit KL next time.

2 Thank Irma_lauw
Hoi An
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This motel is perfectly positioned, easy to get to from the railway station, clean tidy and the beds ensure you get a great night's sleep. There are plenty of local food outlets close by with a western coffee shop just next door.

4 Thank KerreBurley
Ossie
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have been to Kuala Lumpur more times than I can count but on my last trip I needed to be close to LCCT Airport for an early departure. My Hotel @Sentral on this occasion ticked all the boxes. The reception staff were polite and check in was effortless. The room was what I paid for, VERY clean, cheap and cheerful. The bathroom was good with endless hot water. The large room had a comfortable bed and TV and from the Skybus setdown at Sentral it was just a 10 min walk.( Cross the road and walk under the covered walkway towards Brickfields, cross at the pedestrian crossing to the Public Bank on the corner and keep walking straight ahead just half a block down Jalan Tun Sambanthan and My Hotel is on your right) Surprisingly I found the area to be quite interesting with Little India not too far away.Do try the Annalakshmi Restaurant inside the Temple of Fine Art at 114 Jalan Berhala. Definitely the best vegetarian food I have ever eaten. The setting is quite unique also. They have buffet lunches where you pay what you think the food is worth (charity run and by volunteers)or fully priced a la carte menu for dinner. One block from My Hotel Sentral is also the best massage in the world at Shujin Therapy Zone Reflexology Clinic No 15M Jalan Tun Sambathan ( turn right out of the hotel and cross Jalan Thambypillqi, to the next block.) Nurul or Terry are great.
You get what you pay for with My Hotels. A basic clean hotel in a good location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Kerrien
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight only, but it's a very comfortable stay, good location, very friendly staff and very accommodating,mwill definitely be back here.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends