Bayan Indah
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kuala Lumpur
See available hotels
Ibiz Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
Average 3/5
One Enigma Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Restaurant
Lavana Hotel(Batu Caves)
Very Good 4/5
    Hotel Kepong(Kuala Lumpur)
    Good 3.5/5
    Fan Holiday Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
      Columbia Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
      Average 3/5
      See what travelers are saying:
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed November 2, 2010

We had heard of Bayan Indah through family and friends, and stayed for two nights and two days of classes. Every aspect of the stay was excellent, from 5 star standard accommodation to hugely enjoyable classes, followed by amazing lunches with the other visitors.
      Bayan Indah is located just 15 minutes from the centre of Kuala Lumpur, but is sited in a peaceful 'kampong style village' reserved area of lush greenery and traditional Malay style houses. Rohana and her staff are friendly, attentive and helpful at all times, and the experience of waking up to the noises of the village to a wonderful plate of 'nasi lemak' is one we won't forget. Most strongly recommended.

4  Thank wismageorge
      rohanij, Owner at Bayan Indah, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2010

Thanks very much for your views about Bayan Indah - I am so glad you had a nice stay with us. We all really appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again. Soon, I hope, as we have many many other classes for you to enjoy! :o)

Reviewed October 27, 2010

My stay in Bayan Indah was very enjoyable and one of the highlights of my recent holiday to Malaysia and Singapore.

The hotel itself is picturesquely located on the edge of a rainforest and although there is no public transport, we took a taxi and it took around 15-20 minutes from the centre of Kuala Lumpur. It is very peaceful and so a welcome break from the fast pace of the city.

The staff are friendly and very accomodating. When I arrived, I was welcomed with homemade cake (which was delicious) and given a tour of the hotel and grounds. There are 4 rooms to stay in, all of which are very spacious and beautifully decorated.

I took part in one of the cooking classes organised by Rohani Jelani. Rohani is a great chef and guided the group as we prepared and cooked some of the locally available dishes. It is a great experience, lots of fun and at the end of the class you sit down at the main table with your fellow classmates and sample all of the dishes that have been made. The food was delicious and no-one left this meal hungry!

Would have loved to have stayed longer and if I am ever in KL again, I will definitely return to this hotel.

3  Thank 86EC
      rohanij, Owner at Bayan Indah, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

Thank you for your kind review. We really do like it very much when people have had a good time with us - it confirms we are still on the right track and that adds a little smile on the faces of everyone here.

All the best!

Reviewed October 27, 2010

I visited Bayan Indah last week with my boyfriend. We had a very enjoyable experience. The staff were very friendly, the location was beautiful, it was hard to believe we were only 15 minutes away from the city. It was lovely to have a peaceful break away from the hustle and bustle of KL. The staff were very friendly, and the cooking lessons were real good fun. As we arrived we were offered some nice homemade cake for breakfast,, we were then taken through what we would be cooking and were told some interesting facts about the ingredients were would be using.. in our case the cooking was based on rice so we were told all about the different rices and what they are used for and what we would be using them for. We were given real Malay dishes to cook, which was lovely to be able to do after eating so much of the food whilst we were away. After that we began cooking, which was a lot of fun. Once we had finished cooking all of the dishes, the whole group sat down for a massive feast. We were then shown around the hotel which was stunningly designed, fitted with everything you could ask for in a hotel. I would reccommend this place any day and definitely return.

2  Thank barmycarly88

Thank you very much for coming to Bayan Indah and taking the time to write such kind words. It's still a little new to us and it's very nice to know that you and your boyfriend had enjoyed being with us so much.

Reviewed September 6, 2010

It's taken me sinfully long to write a review about Bayan Indah, one of the highlights of our trip through Malaysia this past May.

I can only warmly recommend this amazing place, a little refuge from the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur and an absolutely fantastic place to just relax, enjoy some exquisite food and learn to cook if yourself! The rooms are beautifully decorated (we stayed two nights and had the whole upstairs for ourselves), quiet, clean and the atmosphere in the house in general- nestled as it is in the middle of the lush Malay jungle- is just so easy and peaceful.

The service is wonderful (we got an absolutely fantastic breakfast on both mornings as well as sumptuous dinners in the evenings- served in Rohani's living room which is open to the elements and equally nicely decorated and appointed). For lunch we took part in the cooking classes that Rohani (your lovely, lovely host) runs there. You spend a few hours cooking with- in our case- a fantastic bunch of local ladies- and then eat the results for lunch. The recipes and the food, needless to say, were to die for.

What really sets Bayan Indah apart, and why I would recommend it to anyone- from older couples to families- is that it has so much to offer- from the relaxation and relative isolation of the location, to the service and the food, and of course, most importantly, the wonderful and very well organized cooking classes. We met some great people during those classes too and would love to come back to Bayan Indah sometime very, very soon.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
      3  Thank Mattina

Apologies too, for my late response but I only just found out how to reply to you! Thank you so much for your kind words - it really really cheers us up to know that people have had a good time with us.

Reviewed January 17, 2010

I stayed for two nights at the Bayan Indah hotel and attended a couple of cooking classes. It was a fantastic and unique experience, and the quality of the spacious kitchen, my room and the service was unbeatable. I always felt very welcome and I tried some of the tastiest food I have ever eaten. Definitely worth a trip, especially if you love food and want something different.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family