“Really friendly!”
Review of Travel Hub KL

Travel Hub KL
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the travel hub for 5 days and I have to say it is one of the better places I have stayed. The staff were fantastic from the moment I arrived, offering help with anything I wanted and giving advice on all the things to do around the city. They even took us all out to the Batu Caves for the night of Thaipusam, I've never been to a place where I've felt the staff are more like friends than that. The no shoes rule can only be a good thing as it means the place isn't dirty, though I always saw the cleaning lady going round cleaning the place.

I travelled solo and there were a few common areas to meet other travellers, and I met some cool people there of all ages. I stayed in the 10 dorm room, beds were a bit squeaky but comfortable enough and the blanket was big enough to cover you're whole body - a rare thing in Malaysia! There were lockers in the room for security which was good, and you got the key deposit back on check-out. Breakfast is basic but hey its free and the room was only 25RM a night - can't complain at all!

I had a great few days at the travel hub and will definitely be back if I return to KL in the future!

1  Thank Matt Z

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

for the price you pay You have an okay room & friendly staff, Very helpful! But the only thing annoyed me was that I have to remove my shoes and can't take em to my room, but anyway it's good for transit

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My 23-y/o daughter, her best friend from ASU, and I stayed here over New Year's for one night. We bought the 4-bed room to ourselves. It was just four mattresses on the floor. This was a hostel with bare-bones amenities. The older lady who checked us in insisted we immediately remove our shoes, which frosted the girls, BUT the camaraderie was fantastic. The hostel had free BBQ chicken for us early in the evening to celebrate New Year's and THEN they shepherded us through the train system downtown to the Petronas Towers to watch the New Year's celebration! Who does that kind of care-taking these days?. Oh my gosh, because of this we made some great friends and spent a most memorable New Year's Eve, I have to say.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with real beds.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed there for only 1 night and I would stay there again if I ever get another chance to visit KL. The location is great: near train and bus stations, Chinatown and Central market. Perfect accommodation for backpackers and budget travelers like me. Very nice friendly and helpful staff. Simple but clean and the basic things are in good working condition -like the wifi, hot and cold shower, There's a computer and wifi in the common room and a tv in the reception area and there's a dining area where there's also free coffee/breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a 24 hour stop over in KL. I wanted to see some of the city and the Travel Hub ticked all my boxes. Great location in china town. Easy to get to from the airport. Easy to see the sights of KL, and good cheap street food nearby. Price is good and there are other travellers about. I stayed in a private single, lodgings are basic and clean, good for a no fuss traveller. Highly recommend.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Budget-friendly :) friendly and funny staff :) you wont feel home sick :) near central market and china town :) walking distance to lrt :) easy to locate :) no-hassle stay :) u will surely want to be back here :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank wickedjing
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Good place where to stay in Kuala Lumpur easy to find it
Is near china town,there is also a reagge bar
The staff are really friendly and helpfull...
I felt like at home,if i'll be to malesya again i Will go there
travel hub is a Good place quite and clean

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo