Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$187
$154
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$139
$201
$150
$87
$68
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$130
$96
Trip.com
$85
$76
  • Fitness center
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$75
  • Restaurant
2,677 results
All reviewswarisan caferoyale clubbukit bintangpetronas towersstar hotelpavilion mallbreakfast buffetpremier roomhuge bathroomrotihop on hop off busexcellent hotelfree upgrademin walkclub roomspacious roomnoodles
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I've been a fairly regular visitor to KL for over the past 10 years and out of the 8 hotels that I can remember staying in there, this is my pick.

I first stayed at The Royale Chulan in 2009 when it was newly built and I was so impressed by its value for money and very high standard, it won me over and I haven't wanted to stay any where else since. The breakfast buffet is amazing. Hotels in KL seem to have the best breakfast buffets in my opinion and this hotel just tops it for me. It's not really my first pick for location as I'd probably rather be closer to bintang walk (yeh I'm lazy lol) or KLCC but it's just so good in every other area in my opinion.

Try to get a room by the pool.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
PRManager88, General Manager at Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Tric E,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your kind words and vote of confidence in our service. Glad to know that you had a memorable experience each time you stayed with us. We are constantly improving our services hence all honest feedback are taken seriously. We do hope that you will find time to visit Kuala Lumpur again and perhaps stay with us in order for us to serve you again.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel exhausted after a long flight. The staff were extremely courteous and efficient; check in was quick and hassle free.

The room is huge, comes with a bath tub and shower.

I'm usually anal about the cleanliness of my bathroom/toilet but I could have happily had my meals in the very spacious bathroom, that's how clean it was.

I went to bed every night looking forward to breakfast. There is a huge selection of both eastern and western cuisine. The roti canai was a personal favourite.

The location is perfect, it's only a few minutes walk to bukit bintang (shopping district of KL).

I can't recommend enough. I will definitely stay here again when next I am in kuala lumpur.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Teegirl234

Dear Teegirl234,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your positive feedback and for making us your preferred hotel in Kuala Lumpur during your stay. We are indeed very pleased to hear that you had taken advantage of most of our ‘plus points’ and we hope that you will find time to visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

It's a very nice and well-located hotel. Rooms are clean, decent and more importantly come with a nice balcony. It takes less than 10 min walk to pavilion and 15-30 min to Petronas twin towers. Staff were helpful and very friendly.
The main downsides was the Internet. It was poor and I couldn't really use it in my room. Another drawback was the breakfast which was repetitive and not impressive at all.
Don't book Taxi through the hotel as they charge 150 MR to the airport while you can easily manage to take one in front of the hotel for 80-90 MR.

Room Tip: Pick a room towards Twin-Towers.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Traveler_M55

Dear Traveller_M55,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for staying with us and enjoyed the facilities offered in the room.
I apologize for the less-than-satisfying experience you had with us, especially with regards to the WiFi. Rest assured, we are constantly improving our services hence all honest feedback are taken seriously. We do hope that you will find time to visit Kuala Lumpur again and perhaps stay with us in order for us to serve you again.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was our fourth stay at Royal Chulan as we always find it so welcoming, such great value, full on luxury and a convenient spot from Melbourne for a week of pampering. This time we booked a superior room direct with the hotel on their "book & upgrade" promotion. To our delight on arrival, we were upgraded not to the deluxe room as indicated but to an entire apartment - more than double the room size with separate lounge, full kitchen, large separate bedroom, dressing room and bathroom. Plus a double balcony with pool views - just fantastic for us on a 5 day Easter break from business. The Chulan never fails to impress - their extensive buffet, bbq dinners, beautifully maintained pool, quiet and all just 5 mins from Bukit Bintang when shopping calls. Most of all though, the staff and their attitude is wonderful - always cheerful, polite and helpful. This was a very enjoyable holiday and confirms our belief that the Chulan is one of if not the top hotel in KL.

Room Tip: We use the pool a lot so a pool view lets you see how busy it is. Also look out for their upgrade promotion.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Paul284_13,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!
I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your 4th wonderful experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose us while you were in Kuala Lumpur. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Wonderful place to stay in a hectic city. It is truly a royal hotel with real class and a wonderful atmosphere. The staff were extremely helpful. You won't get a better value for money hotel in KL. The breakfast was just outstanding.

Room Tip: Premier or above, not too close to the pool. The club rooms are superb.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
PRManager88, General Manager at Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear gazzadav,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for making us your preferred choice during your recent stay in Kuala Lumpur.
We appreciate your kind and positive feedback and comments. We hope you will find time to visit us again soon.

Yours sincerely