“Perfect stay”

Ranked #23 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Manila
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The lobby was serene and clean, the staff were warm. The elevators were numerous. The halls were nicely kept.

Upon entering our room, it was spacious and cool. There was ample supply for the coffee table. TV size was good, and it was working well. All the information the guests need were on the writing desk. The lamps and lighting was sufficient. In the bathroom, guests have a choice between shower and bath tub. Toiletries and towels were provided. The room also has a wardrobe dresser with a safe, ironing board and iron. But what I liked the most was the lounge chair, the sofa and the bed.

The hotel had 3 pools (adult, kiddie and a very shallow pool) and a spa. But we had no time to use them.

Food was good, they had a lot of variety.

The location was also fine, just a few meters away from the Pavillion.

The only thing I did not like was that the pen (table blotter) was for sale and I do not have a pen with me. So I had to leave it behind or else we have to pay RM150. It was the only hotel that I ever stayed in wherein the pen had to be paid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
IRAN
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This hotel located at best place near PAVILION market. It,s around ed by trees in quite street &
clean area. Atmosphere of hotel is nice, all rooms are clean & new. Bath & services are clean.
Staffs are good & nice. I recommend stay 1 night then you can understand.... .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

There are few points which prohibit me to rate this property with 5 stars unfortunately. Here they are:
enquired well in advance over the email about possibility to check in upon my arrival from Europe around 9am. No response. Repeated my enquiry week or so later - no response again.There was no problem whatsoever to get the early check in upon my arrival, but it is highly dissapointing, that they didnt bother to reply.

Another problem: requested no smoking room and got room allocated in the non-smokling floor. With my biggest dissapointment, the room was full with cigarete smell. So needed to request another room. Supposedly same category, but smaller and no bathtub. However, wifi signal was non existant and AC didnt work properly. So needed to change the room again...

What strikes me is the inconsistence among the room within same category: in some there is picture, in one, only the lamp. In some they have varied assortment of free tea, in other: only black tea. In some there are 2 small hand towels, in the one i stayed longest, they never appeared.

Inconsistant is also policy of linen change: supposedly daily, but one day the sheet was not exchanged, another: the pillow covers...

While the bell boys at the entrance were extremely helpful and smiling, greeting you every time, the staff met in the hotel corridors normally dont greet the guests...

So, inconsistant again....

Good, that the breaffast was great and wide choice, and the swimming pool always attended.

I wouldnt hesitate to stay here again, but would lower my general expectations. Especially if the price would be good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kasparainens
gloucestershire
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very good city hotel close to all amenities. Great for business or leisure. Had no problems or issues.

Check in was quick and easy even when early at 9am. Room ideal and was clean and comfortable.

Room service was prompt.

Breakfast excellent and alot of choices for all nationalities.

Overall service was very good always with a smile.

Did not eat in restaurants other than breakfast so cannot comment.

I would stay there again although I like to try different city hotels.

Pool was nice but lacked good pool service with none there on our first day which was Monday 29th October.

Overall a very good hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank robbie106
Castle Pines Village, CO
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Gorgeous hotel with great amenities in a great location in downtown KL. Stayed there 3rd thru 6th of November 2012. Perhaps one of the best breakfast and lunch buffets you will ever experience. Pool and exercise facility are excellent as is lobby lounge. Fortunate enough to be upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment that was huge and very quiet and comfortable. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with views toward the downtown, Petronas Towers, KL Tower etc.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Macanudo80108
Singapore
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We arrived at the Royale Chulan at 2:30pm today and were told that the room we booked was not ready for us. The (either japanese or chinese) girl at reception was very helpful and we left out bags with concierge and went out for the day to see KL and enjoy ourselves. When we returned at 8:10pm to check into the hotel we were told that our bag will be sent up shortly. 8:40 still no bags. We were hungry and wanted to get freshened up to go out for dinner so my husband went down to get our bag himself after a couple of calls with reception and they couldn't speak/understand English and sent a bellboy up to collect a bag instead. When my husband approached reception he was told not to worry the bag will be up soon. He explained we wanted it now an requested to get it himself. When he couldn't find the bags in the concierge room panic ensued. All throughout this concierge was genuinely trying to help however several front desk personnel were completely nonplussed (one frot desk man just walked off even!) at his panic (our passports were in there as we didn't want to Carry these around the dangerous atreets o kl) and when he asked to speak to the manager a lady who clearly wasnt the manager came over and didn't offer much support.

In the end it turned out the bag was buried under other bags in the concierge room after all with no tag on it!

Very bad start to our holiday.

Lovely rooms though.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank AYDL
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have no major complaints about this hotel. I had a comfortable stay and my room was clean and spacious. I relaxed my the pool in the mornings and swam and it is a very good pool for this use. However a lack of service from the poolside bar was a bit irritating. Other than that, I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo