“my stop over review”
Review of Hotel Sentral

Hotel Sentral
Ranked #115 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed July 13, 2013

the hotel was clean, central to monorail and railway station ( just go out brickfields end) and head to monorail and go down besides monorail and you will see it, just make sure you have Hotel Sentral and correct address. Good breakfast and plenty of variety. has security 24/7
close to most tourists things by rail or monorail. wi fi worked fine in room all the time. little shop underneath for basics. only drawback no night meals?? but can go out nearby
Stayed 6 nights.

Room Tip: early wakeup call form mosque-good location
3  Thank Jenny W
Steven_TKK, General Manager at Hotel Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experiences with other Tripadvisor visitors about your recent stay with us.

We are glad that you are overall happy with the services rendered throughout your stay and it is very pleasing to learn that the room was suitable for you and security f the hotel is up to mark. I shall definitely share your positive feedback with our teams.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in not too distant future.

Thank you and best regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,420)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was my third time going to Malaysia and again was there for 3 weeks,
my last stay in Cyberjaya was a nightmare due to local wildlife, so decided to stay near KL Sentral this time and do the commute to Cyberjaya from there.

Overall, I enjoyed every aspect of my stay. The room I booked in fairness was a suite (in Europe it would be called a junior suite as the living area and bed were in one space) on the highest floor (15th) and it was clean, spacious, had a large walk in shower and a separate bath tub in the bath room and basically everything that was promised online was there. (Large flat screen, that turns 180 degrees so you can either watch tv in bed or turn it around and you can watch it from the sofa's.
With regards to the tv though, not many international channels on there (no BBC, CNN and out of the 10 channels I had, I could find only 2 English speaking channels on there)

Now, as I stayed for 3 weeks I did manage to get a good rate, so if you are planning a long stay, call their sales team and see what can be done...

I found all the staff courteous and pleasant to deal with and whenever I had a question it was answered or dealt with immediately.

I never had breakfast as I am not a breakfast person at all, so cannot comment on the quality but each morning the lift going down stopped on that floor (5th floor) and it was busy enough so assume people must have enjoyed it.

Now, the area... It is in Little India and it is always busy... But unsafe... I don't think so... But I am a guy and yes not sure how a single woman would find it as indeed I saw hardly any local women out on the street after darkness, just guys but never saw anyone being harassed or whistled at or spoken to in a bad way and there were quite a few solo travelling women staying at the hotel while I was there.

To get to the hotel from KL Sentral is quite easy. When you arrive with the KLIA (Fast train from the airport) you might want to take a budget taxi for MYR 8.50 (GBP 1.75 / Euro 2.00 / USD 2.50) just cause it is a little bit of a hassle going down 4 flights of stairs with luggage. (you'll know what I mean when you get there lol).

From the hotel to get into town (Butik Bintang / Petronas towers etc) is easy, either you go back to the Sentral station and use the kommuter train or you take the monorail, literally outside hotel Sentral.

Finally, the wireless... Yes it cut out a couple of times and of course just when you are doing a long work e-mail but in fairness don't think this is the hotel's fault. I had the same happen to me while having dinner at Le Meridien and Hilton and even in my office in Cyberjaya.
Think this is just down to the provider or maybe the many electrical storms that happen there.

Overall, would recommend this hotel but be aware of what you book as I understood from a fellow traveler the hotel's base room type comes with no windows (he only paid MYR 50 p/n though and said it was perfectly acceptable). Hence, not a critique at all, just a warning to all sensitive travelers out there that need windows.

Room Tip: high floor...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dutchboy81

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

It is good to know that you enjoy our location and its glad to know that rooms are clean, comfortable and you had a pleasant stay with us at Hotel Sentral.

Most importantly, is to receive your recognition on the services we have provided and it is our great pleasure to know that you would stay again with us without hesitation.

Too add on, Hotel Sentral Kuala Lumpur is conveniently located less than 5 minute walk to KL Monorail station whereby is accessible to the major shopping malls such as Times Square, Bintang Walk (one of the famous “walk” in KL) and The Twin Towers.

We sincerely request you to return as our esteemed guest on your next trip.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I chose this hotel because of it's location & it's really handy for KL Sentral station. The wifi only worked in the lobby, which was a little annoying. The breakfast was OK but you can sit out on the 5th floor roof space, which can be an escape from the crowded breakfast room (it may not always be crowded there was a big group who arrived just as I did so the place was pretty packed). The staff are friendly & I was able to store my luggage until the evening. So nothing awful about the place, but if you're not determined to stay near KL Sentral then there are much better neighbourhoods & hotels to choose from.

1  Thank Ruth M

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

We are glad that you are overall happy with the services rendered throughout your stay and we are deeply regretted to know that you were facing some internet connection issue during your stay. Basically, we provided complimentary WiFi in the entire building and internet access could be done in every room.

Nevertheless, we were facing some technical issue with the WiFi during your stay and it has been solved after then.

We sincerely request you to return as our esteemed guest on your next trip so as to evaluate us once more.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

i stayed two nights here and it is near the monorail station. The surrounding is not that nice but the room is spacious and the customer service is good. If you want to catch a bus to LCCT airport the following day or want to benefit from the easy access of tube services in kl this is a good choice to stay for a short few days. It is not far from YMCA and there are cafes around like 7 eleven and old town coffee which is make simple groceries shopping easy. It is quiet in the night and tea coffee making facility is provided.Many solo businessman travelled and stayed here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

We sincerely request you to return as our esteemed guest on your next trip.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed in Sentral hotel for 3 nights with my family in dec 11 as part of a malaysia vacation which also included 2 days in Genting, we(UNFORTUNATELY) this time had booked a packge through Dpauls and we still regret doing it.The entire experience right from the arrival by Airasia and the long wait at the hotel before we could get our rooms was just the start of a very unpleasant hotel experience.
First of all this hotel has only 2 lifts in a very small hotel lobby and its a Excruciatingly painful experience to try lugging ALL your suitcases all by yourself(as there is no help) after waiting for long periods ,At checkout its even worse and after i waited for more than 15 mins at my floor where only one lift stopped ,I had to manually lug my suitcases down the stairs as i was getting late for my flight.Nowhere in the world will a traveller be faced with this predicament i am sure.
The location is good only as far as the fact that its very close to the monorail and Klsentral train station and connectivity to main areas is good,otherwise its uncomfortable to step out at night as there are some shady places nearby
Less said about the Breakfast the better.I can safely vouch for the fact that this was the worst breaklfast spread i have ever experienced what with differential token system ,which by the way is never explained at check in.,so we had no option but to have our breakfast outside.
The rooms are strictly okay okay,and perhaps the only redeeming point of the hotel.
Given a choice i would never stay in this hotel again especially with family.
I do believe that a good comfortable hotel is also part of a holiday experience. and that the Hotel management can improve their services if they desire.

Room Tip: higher floors for better view and lesser noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

We are deeply regretted to hear that you stay with us was unpleasant. I have taken note of your comments with and rest assured those issued will be addressed as well and hopefully on your next visit, you’ll be able to notice the positive improvements.
We thank you for choosing us as your preferred choice of stay and looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed 2 night in this hotel, it's located 5mins walk from the KL Sentral, room and bathroom was clean and staff were good but their wireless internet wasn't working well. My only problem is the area, this hotel located in the middle of prostitution spots and i don't recommend this hotel for couples or female solo travelers.

3  Thank mhareth
Steven_TKK, General Manager at Hotel Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

We are glad that you are overall happy with the services rendered throughout your stay and it is very pleasing to learn that the room was suitable for you.

We truly look forward to seeing you again and we would like to thank you for your continued patronage.

I hope you will be able to visit again in the not too distant future and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The hotel is centrally located and just a few steps away from the KL Sentral Station. You could easily reach other points of interest from the KL Sentral Station (Petronas, Batu Caves, Chinatown, KLIA, etc) so it's a good location if you plan on commuting. The hotel is kind of old but still well-maintained. Free wifi connection is a bit slow, though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pampaganda

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

Between, I have taken note of your comments with regards to the WiFi (internet connection) we have provided.

Our assurance is that the issued that had been highlighted will be resolved and we hope that you will be able to visit again in not too distant future.