“nice 3 star hotel”
Review of Hotel Sentral

Hotel Sentral
Ranked #104 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 20, 2013

overall my hotel stay was wonderful and does not have any major problem during the period.
a. location -> this is probably one of their best feature. The hotel was centrally located in the city and only a few steps to local transportation by train.
b. value -> the amount was just right for what you can get with this hotel.
c. staff -> friendly and always smiling, hence, giving a good/positive vibes for incoming guests.
d. food -> it was just okay, but, i am not sure if western guests might fully enjoyed it.
e. room and amenities -> it was clean, with high ceiling and a window with view of monorail tracks/station. Everything was okay except for the personal ref, which is barely cooling. Also the cabinet where it is placed is too tight, hence, you cannot fully open the door.

At any rate, I am still pleased with my stay in this hotel and would recommend for future guests.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Steven_TKK, Manager at Hotel Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experiences with other Tripadvisor visitors about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the location and you enjoyed your stayed with us at Hotel Sentral.

I hope you will be able to visit again in the not too distant future and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next trip.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Sentral

Reviewed May 18, 2013

One of the best of the lot.!
Very good and polite staff..
Good room services.
We were on the 8th floor and view was also very good.
Hotel restaurant on 5th floor along with the terrace is a must visit.

Very nice experience :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank arun_17
Steven_TKK, Manager at Hotel Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experiences with other Tripadvisor visitor about your recent stay with us.

It is good to know that you found our staff are efficient, enjoyed the clean and comfortable room, and most of all you are satisfied with the hotel location.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed for one night with booking from internet and went to the hotel by walk from KL Sentral station, it's hardly cant go there if dont have excellent suggestion to go there.
The room was good, clean, and have every convenience included pot, tea, coffee, fridge. Comfortable shower room that separation with toilet has very strength water flow but the one problem is a/c not cold whether all adjust everything on remote control.
I stayed at second floor of the right side from lobby and maybe because i went there about 11pm so no one help us to carry on our stuff, 2 big carrying bag, 1backpack, 1 large backpack and 1 handbag to the room but it's not my cons.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the location.To add, Little India (approx 10 mins walk) was recently launched as one of the prestigious visit in the town. Apart from that, Hotel Sentral is conveniently accessible to the major shopping malls.

Your comments in regards of the staff and the air-conditioner are valuable to us in our effort to improve our standard of service to serve all our guest better.

Please reassured that efforts are being made to improve ourselves constantly .

Last but not least, we hope that you will be able to to visit again in the not too distant future and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed for one night in Hotel Sentral room no 331 and I enjoy it. Its located just a few minutes walking to KL Sentral Station which allow me to go anywhere easier. What I love about this Hotel is its also located just around Little India area, so it wasnt difficult to find a delicious cheap Indian food. The staffs were friendly, wifi worked well, room was decent but there was one thing that a little bit bothered me about the shower room. There was no separation between shower room and toilet so when I got a shower, the water was just spread over the toilet room. Anyway, over all I like it there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

I am delighted to know that you are satisfied with clean, comfortable room and the hotel location. Hotel Sentral is conveniently located next to Kuala Lumpur’s monorail station whereby access to the major shopping malls such as Bukit Bintang, Time Square and other tourist hotspots can be done easily.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in not too distant future.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

After travelling in Malaysia nearly one month, I've decided to give my first hotel review on TA so more travellers like us can benefit from our experience. My husband and I are rather demanding with accomodations, so I am trying my best to give an unbiased review here. We stayed at Hotel Sentral only one night after flying from Kota Bahru with Airasia (LCCT is one hour bus ride from KL Sentral) and we are taking the plane back to China the next day, again with Airasia.
1. Great location: Located in a small street, literally right in front the KL Sentral Monorail Station, around 5 mins walk (with suitcases) to the KL Sentral airport shuttle bus station.
2. Room: superior double, decent size for two people, adequant facilities
3, Internet: free wifi which works in the room but connection was slow probably due to location of our room
4. Service: all the staff at the reception were friendly and helpful; there is a luggage room to keep your luggages after check-out.
5. Breakfast: we booked the rooms without breakfast, and we had breakfast at the OldTown White Café right across the street (the breakfast was really cheap but very good, from 5.9rm to 8.9rm you can choose from their set menu, all with tea or coffee included, alternatively you can order seperately, the Mamak is quite nice).
As we only booked one night we've not yet encountered any unpleasant events and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to stay close to KL Sentral Station to take the Skybus or Aerobus to LCCT as we did.

Room Tip: I guess the side where the Monorail track goes through can get a little noisy but our rooms were on...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank monkeyaruba

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

Your positive comments shall certainly be shared with the staffs. Please reassured that efforts are being made to improve ourselves constantly .

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel is located really convenient area, easy can get trains and mono-rail to go anywhere. Staff was also nice, they offered my room even though i've got there before check-in time. Their room was very comfortable with high ceilings, nice bed and interior although their room buget was not expencive.
I'd like to stay with them if I will have chance to stay KL.

Room Tip: the room with window is better.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

We are glad that your stayed with us is a pleasant experience and we look forward of welcoming you back on your not too distant future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights. A real nice hotel and value for money. Check in was nice experience. Rooms were great and view was ok as I stayed on 10th floor.

Offcourse lifts were ok but I liked the way they treated tourist and hence found it good to stay there

B`fast was really nice with lot of choices. Metro, market bus stops all near by. All utilitiy stuff like money exchanger, sim, phone etc are near by.

In short a best hotel at this price and package inclusions..

Room Tip: Take room on high altitutde..Would give you good view of city.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple