“clean hotel with all you need”
Review of Hotel Sentral

Hotel Sentral
Ranked #106 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Gasteren, The Netherlands
“clean hotel with all you need”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights before travelling to Cambodia. Its the perfect place to overkom your jetlag if this is your first country, coming from europe.
It is a big hotel, so it is a little anonym. In the room the wifi was not working very wel.
There is a big shoppingcenter nearby: times square, they have everything you need and much more.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank mieke-g15
Steven_TKK, Manager at Hotel Sentral, responded to this review, March 4, 2013

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experiences with other Tripadvisor visitors about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the location and you enjoyed your stayed with us at Hotel Sentral. However I would like to extend my sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experiences as a result of our service shortfalls.
Your feedback is very important to us and steps to address our shortcomings have been discussed at length with the team.
I hope you will be able to visit again in the not too distant future and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next trip.

Hotel Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The hotel is close to the KL Sentral LRT as well as monorail station, which will take you everywhere. From the KL sentral LRT station, you should find the exit which is the same direction as the monorail, not the one heading toward 1 Sentral tower. If you messed this up like I did, you'd end up walking a lot to find the hotel. If you try to locate the hotel on Google map, you'd better enter the exact address rather than enter the name only, it will lead you to 1 Sentral tower instead.

I like the room overall, it's very clean and modern, much higher than a 3 star standard I'd say. They also have complimentary water and minifridge in the room. There're some convenient stores around so you can easily buy other stuff. The bathroom was bright and quite fine. However, the bed probably has some bedbugs. It was not something too bad to me, but you can feel a bit itchy. Wifi was not very stable, it got on and off quite often.

The surrounding area is not nice though. I would not recommend to walk there alone. It's a bit dark and dirty. If you have kids with you,maybe try some other hotels for safety reasons.

For me overall, it's quite a good value. We booked the hotel for 1 night at a rate of $35 as we have an early flight at LCCT the next morning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Minh D
Steven_TKK, Manager at Hotel Sentral, responded to this review, January 30, 2013

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stayed with us at Hotel Sentral. However I would like to extend my sincere apology in regards of the insect bite issue you had experienced during your stay.

The hotel’s rooms and premises carry out pest control treatment on periodic basic but unfortunately this issue yet come into existence. We will look into this issue seriously to prevent it from happening again.

We do hope that you would return on your next trip to evaluate us once more.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in Hotel Sentral and were quite satisfied. The room was slightly but okay. The breakfast was simple but okay. The location was ideal as it is connected well by public transport. Taxis are also available easily. The staff were cordial and considerate. The neighborhood is noisy and a bit crowded. For travelers looking for decent place to stay but not much concerned about by the looks, this hotel could be a good choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TennisPRS

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the location and you enjoyed your stayed with us at Hotel Sentral. It is also a great pleasure to receive such a wonderful compliments and I will definitely share to all my colleague and staff.

Almaty, Kazakhstan
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Good for 1-2 transit nights because of its location - close to KL Sentral (about 8 minutes by walk) and just 2 minutes from Monorail station. Staff is helpful and friendly. Free wi-fi in the rooms is available, but signal is not strong.
I was with my son of 6-years old and our room was very small for two. Be careful: there are rooms without windows in the hotel also. Breakfast was various, but not tasty.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Room. Small but looks clean; BUT the problem are bedbugs. One of my friend has suffered lots of insect bites in few minutes. They were given new room anyway but the damage has been there. I personally don't like the bathroom glass door. It either closes the whole bathroom area or just the shower area. Privacy in the bathroom is very important for me.

Area. I don't recommend the hotel if you are with kids. The street is so crowded. No convenience store nearby, I think 3 to 4 blocks away. A taxi driver told us it's like a red light district but I am not sure if it really is.

Staffs. They are all nice and very friendly.

Activities. There is a guy near reception who can help arrange activities with you like city tours and going to other places like Genting. Price is reasonable.

If you are looking for just a room to sleep, this will do. Just don't let the bedbugs bite. =)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SeanArcher21

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

We are deeply regretted to hear that you stay with us was unpleasant. On the bed bugs issue, the hotel’s rooms and premises had carry out pest control treatment on periodic basic but unfortunately this issue yet come into existence.

We will look into this issue seriously to prevent it from happening again. It certainly is disappointing that you have not enjoyed your stay.

The staff shall be informed of your kind comments towards their service rendered and thank you once again for pointing out to us the issues which you had faced on your last trip with us. Rest assured those issued will be addressed as well and hopefully on your next visit, you’ll be able to notice the positive improvements.

Last but not least, we hope that you will be able to visit again in the not too distant future and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in an Express Double and were happy we were only there for 12 hours. We needed somewhere to dump our bags, shower and nap in between flights. This hotel was a perfect location for KL Sentral and the room was comfortable enough although slightly smoky. I had earplugs and was able to sleep but my boyfriend didn't and was keep awake by neighbouring plumbing and noisy guests. Fridge didn't work.

• Stayed December 2012

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

It’s glad to know that rooms are clean, comfortable and you had a pleasant stay with us at Hotel Sentral. However, we are also deeply regretted to hear that your boyfriend stay with us was unpleasant. I have taken note of your comments with regards to those noises.

Our assurance is that the issued that had been highlighted will been resolved and we hope that you will be able to visit again in not too distant future.

We sincerely request you to return as our esteemed guest on your next trip so as to evaluate us once more.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I'm writing here to inform potential guest that this hotel's service is poor. Despite the services offered on the website, nothing comes as good service. In reality, there's only 10 TV channels (6 of it being local channels and three 'lousy' channels with repeats). The two lifts function as both for guest and for delivery of food to the kicthen on 5th floor and house-kepper's chores. There's no specific time for the cleaning service mentioned, allowing privacy compromised (no 'Do Not Disturb' tags in the room). Some front desk staff are rude and have no internet in providing good explanation despite being in the servicing sector. Leaking from the ceiling not fixed, Internet connection is limited and no explanation given about the disconnection unless you insist hard. I think the smile they put on their faces are rather facade and the sweet talk is mere lip service. Please consider other hotelif you don't one to be frustrated during your stay in KL.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tadzrul
Steven_TKK, Manager at Hotel Sentral, responded to this review, January 1, 2013

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

It was very disturbing to learn that your stay was unpleasant. However I would like to extend my sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experiences as a result of our service shortfalls.

Your feedback is very important to us and steps to address our shortcomings have been discussed at length with the teams. Our maintenance team has been brief and action has been taken to solve the leaking issue in the room. The Housekeeping Dept has also been brief about the cleaning time as well as the IT team to solve the internet connection.