We've stayed at this hotel on November 19 and NOTHING was even acceptable in this hotel. The sequence of events was the following:
1. at arrival, no one from the hotel made any move to open the door or to help us with our luggage. Ok, no problem, we can open doors and can handle luggage, but, since we were carrying 2 pieces of luggage each, we might find some help useful
2.the 1st room we were given (we've booked a Superior Room, whatever this means...) was extremely small, with dirty stained walls and stinked cigarette smoke. Although the window was closed, and although we were at the 10th floor, we could distinctly hear all noises coming from the street. So, we immediately called the reception to inform them that we refused to stay in that room, The guy asked us to go down, so that he might give us another room
3. so, the guy at the reception gave us the key of another room on the 11th flor, stressing that that was the last room available and suggested we had a look.
4. this 2nd room was equally dirty, equally small and, instead of stinking cigarette smoke, it stinked humidity, as if the carpets were wet and in the room for a long time.
5. I immediately contacted the travel agency who booked that hotel, called Asia Overland Services (which I DON'T reccomend for anyone living outside Asia), and after struggling with one of its managers, we were moved to a 3rd room (even though, like I wrote before, there were no more rooms available...)
6. this 3rd room was equally dirty (we had all towels changed, because they were dirty), equally small, equally terrible but, at least, it didn't smell. Again, all sounds from the street passed freely through the window. Since it was allready 8:00 pm and we were tired and had not had dinner yet, we decided to accept that room and find a restaurant to eat. Upon asking at the reception, we were told to walk around to find a place to eat.
Well, there were simply NO decent restaurants whatsoever at walking distance. The whole street where the hotel stays is dirty, all stained and wet with fat and dish washing water from small vehicles and small, local places selling food on the streets. It looks like a 'bas fond' place, where it would be really unsafe for a woman to walk unaccompanied.
We ended up at a café that had some reasonable food.
The hotel was full of loud speaking asian people (probably South Korean), who seemed quite happy, as they were laughing all the time and finding it difficult to walk on a straight line, but that was no problem for us.
However, for some reason we saw no western people there, except for a young backpacker guy.
Breakfast at the hotel was average/poor with something they called coffee but which wasn't coffee at all...
In brief, we would NEVER stay at this hotel again nor reccomend it to anyone caring about cleanlinness, comfort and safety.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sentral, a hotel owned by the Hotel Sentral (KL) Sdn. Bhd, aims to make a difference in ensuring comfortable, refreshing and value for money accommodation for travellers. The hotel enjoys a unique location on Jalan Thambypillai with the monorail station right on its doorstep providing quick access to various part of the major tourist spots such as Bukit Bintang, Time Square and Chinatown.Hotel Sentral houses 192 contemporary styled and designed rooms, of which 12 Executive Rooms occupies the Executive Floor on level 15. All the rooms are furnished with modern amenities such as LCD flat screen television, minibar, in room safe, IDD telephone, complimentary Wi-Fi internet access, Astro and local TV channels to ensure a relaxing and comfortable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Sentral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.