Lowest prices for your stay
$40
$42
Fully refundable before Sun, Feb 25
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
$28
Fully refundable before Tue, Feb 27
No booking fees
All reviews hotel located the breakfast area spacious room chinatown 5elements kl housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed August 1, 2012

One of the nice surprices in Malaysia. Satyed at 12th floor and had a view of the Petrona towers from bed. Rooms are spacious and clean, and the staff fiendly and service minded.
Location couldt be better. Hawker markets and food stalls just outside, and "everything" within walking distance

Only drawback was the breakfast.

Would I come back - Absolutely!

Room tip: Ask for rooms at top floors. View is excellent
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We booked the hotel online and decided to spend a few extra dollars and get the "Deluxe" room with the corner windows............... unfortunately there is an interconnecting door to the next room, but it's not soundproof! Our first night we were treated to the sound of a couple of guys "celebrating" their teams victory ....this lasted until about 4am. The very helpful front office staff said that should the guests be staying on they would move their room. 2nd night was ok but the third was a repeat of the first.... different guests...noisy till they left at 2.47am! I know that the hotel cannot pick their guests, BUT they CAN soundproof the door!!

Room tip: Do NOT take a corner room unless you require an interconnected room.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is my second stay at the hotel but i will not be returning. The rooms are getting very tired and customer service is very lacking. I arrived at the hotel and although i dont mind too much if there is no one to great me and help me with my bags i do object to not receiving advertised basics such as tv, internet and mini bar. The 5 elements is well located to china town and obviously the hotel is trading on its location rather than a decent, fair service. The hotel needs to light its game and a basic start could be vacumming the floors.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Leasm11
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel several times now and must have been lucky in terms of the cleanliness of room and bathroom. No problems there, although everything a bit shabby. They were doing renovations on some floors this time when I visited so maybe that will improve the standards.

I still found the staff on reception unfailingly polite and helpful, and the location right in the middle of Chinatown is brilliant.
My main criticism is the price - it is more than double the place next door, but apart from the larger size room is not that much better.
Breakfast is atrocious - even though I always have Asian breakfast if I can, that is no better then the western offering, e.g. plain congee, no condiments, half cold, no chilli sauce. Nothing there looks appealing. Considering how many reviews mention how bad the breakfast is I cannot understand why the proprietiors do not do something to improve it

Room tip: The single rooms look out onto the street, and I have found them quite good
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank one2ormany
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Pirobably the nicest hostel I've stayed at. Great for walking distance. From train station. Good place to go on their pub crawls as well