“Excellent Service apartment.”

Ranked #21 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Seoul, South Korea
“Excellent Service apartment.”
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Getting there - I took a taxi from KL sentral to the hotel but the taxi driver didn't know where the hotel was. According to him, it's a brand-new hotel. So, write down hotel's address and phone no. to save your time and money. Luckily, the driver called the hotel with his phone.

Arrival - Arrival at the hotel is quite confusing. When you approach to the hotel building from main road, It seems that you got the wrong one. However, the one in front is a hotel residence building and the one at the back is the hotel building. When we passed through the front one and were about to enter the hotel building, night doorman just watched us coming with three big bags instead of opening the door. When I struggled to open the heavy door with a bag, he came and opened it. It'd be nicer if he did that even before we go close to the door. As we look around the ground floor area, we found a sign 'completed in Jun, 2010'. Yes, it's brand-new and even smells fresh.

Front desk & Check-in - Front desk was located at 2nd floor. Big fancy sitting area with very modern ambiance. Front desk clerks welcomed us with big smile. (Thanks to them, first bad impression was recovered by their big smile). Check-in was fast and they explained about other hotel facilities. (Including free wifi access)

Access to room - My room was given exactly I wanted. You have to put key card in on the lift to access your floor. How wonderful system it is. I felt very secure and private.

Room - Room was spacious and decorated with modern furniture. It was all clean and neat. Kitchen wares and appliances were better than I saw at the other renowned service apartment hotel. As I enter the bedroom, there was a baby cot in the room. (That's strange. my reservation clearly says three adults.) and when I checked through I found a little uncomfortable thing in the bathroom. I guess housekeeping didn't look carefully when he/she cleaned the toilet bowl. Baby cot and dirty toilet bowl? Well, I wasn't 100% happy but all the others were good and clean. Baby cot was removed immediately after my call. (They came in less than 5 minutes and apologized).
The BED...I must say it's really really comfortable. Bed comfort is really important when I talk about a hotel. Fraser Place, I want to give them perfect score. My family also complimented a lot.

Other facilities - We went to the swimming pool, sauna, fitness and Jacuzzi. Swimming pool had great view with glass walls around. Fresh towels are placed at the right place and it was warm.
Sauna, fitness, Jacuzzi and the pool are located on the same floor but access from sauna/Jacuzzi to the pool was really slippery. You should be very careful with wet feet. Even in sauna/Jacuzzi area, floor tiles were very slippery. Shiny floor tiles seem nice to emphasize cleanliness but definitely not for guest's safety.
Jacuzzi was very big. Both wet and dry saunas were also big enough. Temperature was right and there was user's guideline sign on the wall next to the door. (Wear proper attire.. but I saw three young ladies covering themselves only with a towel)
Opposite to saunas, there's an open air area with sun beds. Night view was amazing. It's very good to cool down and have some fresh air. However, anti-slippery mat wasn't placed either to the door switch or to the door. My mother almost slipped when she tried to press the door switch. If I didn't hold her immediately, she couldn't have fallen down and injured.
Changing area was big enough but amenities were not enough. Items were high quality ones but presentation wasn't really impressive.

Breakfast - Like many other reviewers said, it's horrible. It's probably the worst I've ever had. However, it can be improved when they put up the price. I guess. At this price, no complain.

Check-out - Very fast. They sent me a message the night before my departure to confirm. When I went down to the reception, they kindly give me information for transportation and extra. So, next morning, no haste.

Overall - It was very good. I'll definitely recommend to my friends and clients. Outstanding point at Fraser Place KL is not new facilities. Hotel staffs (not breakfast restaurant)' smile and service is their great asset. During my short stay in Malaysia, I think FP staffs' service mind was the best.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank moose330

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed at the Fraser Place only for one night before we were heading to Taman Negara. We were quite lucky and received an upgrade to an executive Suite. The room was absolutely high quality furnished, new LCD TV, Soundsystem, Ipod docking station, fridge, kitchen....more than we actually needed. Bathroom with tub and shower, everything superclean and nice view as well.

We didn´t really have time to work out at the gym, but i checked it out, ad the machines were high end , really clean with towels, free water newest equipment...just great..small pool but enough to refresh after an exhausting city tour.

Only downside was the breakfast, was kind of poor , although they offered pancakes, eggs toast fruits etc. the selection of foods offered could be a little better, but it´s definetely OK breakfast.

all in all: I would for sure come back to this hotel, comparing the price and what u get a really great choice, although I have nothing to compare it with in KL

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed November 10, 2010

This is quite a new service apartment that offer short stay as well. Check-in is on Level 2 and u may miss it if u arrive when the doorman happens to be away, which happens to me as I arrive late at night to an empty lobby.
Other than this, the rest of the stay had been great. Room is a bit small but it is inthe city. The bed look plush and welcoming. The bath room is open glass concept with blinds provided. This pose some problem as my room faces office in the next building which is close. But for the price, u get added facility like bigger fridge and cooking utensile. There is complimentary soft drinks and welcome fruits too. The breakfast is ok. There is no sumptuous spread but the food is warm and delicious. Plus they change the menu every day, so it is good if u are staying for a few days.
As it is a service apartment, there don't seem to be much other facilities, though the breakfast area seem to double as a lounge at night.
The location is great as it is very near to KLCC shopping mall, very much within walking distance, where u can find food and shopping easily. There is an Isetan supermarket there that sell sushi at discounted price near closing time at night. If not, there are funky restrauants and oulets just outside along Ramlee Road.
If u need urgent things in the middle of the night, there is a 24hr convenience store nearby.
The only complaint I have is the floor in the room is laminated flooring and u can easily see foot prints (which are definetely not mine) on them when u return to the room in the evening after it was cleaned.
In conclusion, it is one of the best place I had stayed for my business trip within this budget. Just wish all the other places I need to visit has something like this.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank leslayang
Melbourne
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I have traveled to KL with my husband for work many times each time staying for a month and this is the first time that we have been truly happy with the accommodation. Other apartments look nice in the photos but once you arrive they are worn out, dated and not cleaned to a standard that westerners are used to. On our shorter stays we have stayed at The Boulevard Hotel & The Gardens Hotel (Mid Valley) as we were only staying a few nights & didn’t require a kitchen or laundry and they are very nice hotels (best we've stayed at in KL) but when we need an apartment for longer stays nothing has come close to Frasers Place.

The beds are enormous (not sure why some people complained in other reviews about the pillows, they are King sized and ultra plush!), the shower is AMAZING, a huge rainfall shower that feels great at the end of the day and you need to wash away the heat and dirt of the city.

The rooms are thoroughly cleaned every morning, and when I say cleaned, I mean to the highest western standard, something I have found lacking in other accommodation. The furniture and fittings are all brand new and the layout of the rooms and design look fantastic. (I read someone complaining about steps? There is a small lip on entrance to your room, and not once did we trip over it).

The staff are very well trained in customer service, nothing is too much trouble and all are very attentive from restaurant staff, reception, door staff, cleaning staff (anyone familiar to KL knows that this is not always the case) they are really "on the ball".

The kitchen is very modern with all the bits and pieces you need, although we didn’t do any serious cooking and there is no oven. The laundry, pool, spa/sauna and Gym are absolutely the best I have used, including hotels. You'll love working out in the gym then diving into the pool afterward, looking out over the city, then into the hot tub in the private women or mens only section.

Breakfast is fairly standard of all buffet breakfasts, although at least here the coffee is always super hot :). Omlettes and eggs are made on request by the egg chef and the hot buffet has baked beans, scrambled eggs, and on different days anything from pancakes, chicken sausages, baked tomato's/potatoes etc...The cold buffet has fresh sliced fruit, sandwiches, 3 cereals and 2 bread types to choose from. I think this is ample in anyone's book, especially in the lovely surrounds of the new restaurant with lovely big arm chairs and TV screens to catch up on the CNN news.

The internet connection is super fast.

Location is fantastic, right in the thick of the nightlife/restaurants and 5 minutes to KLCC shopping mall (where there is a train station and supermarket/bottleshop), and 10 min to Pavillon shopping mall.

I would recommend Frasers for anyone who is looking for excellent value and a bit more space than your normal hotel room. Just remember however it is an apartment aimed at the business traveler, not a 5 star hotel, there are no champagne buckets and fruit & flower arrangements in your room, but there is the cleanest and newest fittings/furniture and it is gloriously peaceful and quite, something you'll really appreciate after a day spent in this bustling city. Believe me when I say we've tried some places at near the same rate and they are nowhere near the standard of this place. After many tries we have finally found our home away from home at Fraser Place, KL.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank SamandKel
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 30, 2010

After a 15 hours flight me and my girlfriend arrived on the 13th of October at Fraser Place. Check in went fast and professionally, then we got are room key and were escorted to the room on the 16th floor.

The first impression of the room size was good big. The room had a LCD HD unit with a DVD player and stereo to play your cd's. The staff are friendly and always helpful, the rooms where cleaned daily.

The location is brilliant for seeing KL - you can walk to the Petronas Towers, KL Tower and shopping. The only cons I can think of are the doorsteps, where people can trip over.

I would recommend Fraser Place and will definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MelvinR16
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My boyfriend and I have just spent 3 weeks at Fraser Place and have felt completely at home. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and had everything we needed. The staff were friendly and always helpful, the rooms cleaned daily and the facilities were great - especially the pool and sauna area!
The location is brilliant for seeing KL - you can walk to the Petronas Towers, KL Tower and shopping centres - and Chinatown is just a short monorail/tube ride away.
The only cons I can think of are: the lifts are quite slow and the hobs in the kitchen are difficult to cook on at times (it would be difficult to cook a big dinner for many people!) That said, we will be sad to leave Fraser Place and will definitely stay here again! I would recommend it!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Fraser place KL is a lovely service apartment. I have stayed at other several service apartments in KL but Fraser Place is one of the best. The only downside of this place is its hiding in front of tower which covers the whole fraser place building. A few more big signs showing the property would be nice on the road outside.

I booked the 1 bedroom apartment and its furnished really well. You have two LCD HD units one in the bedroom and one in the living room. A stereo to play your cd's and an ipod dock. Dvd player.

The kitchen is equipped well with all the basic necessities you need. Bathroom is big enough for a sumo.

The staff are very friendly especially the bell man who are at the lobby, always greet you with a smile. Value for money for sure.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple