“Free WiFi, Modern BUT Unable to Accommodate Many People”

Fraser Place Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #21 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
“Free WiFi, Modern BUT Unable to Accommodate Many People”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Location - This is a service apartment and located about 5-10 mins walk to the tallest twin towers in the world and KL Tower. Many hawker stalls (nice local food) and clubs available around the area.

Cleanliness & Amenities - The room is clean but can be improved further and amenities is 5 star. The house complete with toaster, coffee maker, cookware, induction stove, fridge, microwave, kettle which therefore suits for family.

Demerits:

1. The elevator is super slow taking into considerations the building is quite tall. At times, you have to wait for the lift to go up and down.

2. During my visit, I am organising a small gathering of 30 of my good friends to come over for a tea. I have asked after booking was made and they allowed me to do so. However, during check-in, I have informed the concierge about the situation that 30 of my friends are coming to get their assistance for the elevator since the elevator is using card system to go up. Few minutes later, the Management came over to my unit and disallowed me to proceed with the tea events. I am so frustrated with the Management since their decision was last minute. After long negotiation, they allow me to cont subject to:

a) I have to control my guests (to be quiet and behaving appropriately)
b) To go up and down by myself without using the concierge
c) Any stain to the sofa etc will be charged accordingly
d) To have a maximum of 10 pax at any one time

In my opinion, this is all unnecessary and therefore, I would recommend other service residents i.e. The Ascott, The Zone, Crown Regency ot Somerset Ampang if you wish to organise similar events.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at Fraser Place, KL, enroute from Borneo to Myanmar. While it was a short stay, we were very impressed with the apartment itself, the location in downtown KL, and the exercise/spa/pool facilities. And, the staff was helpful, adding up to a great mini-break!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights during a business trip in KL, Malaysia. This was my first time staying in a serviced apartment. Initially I expected services similar to a hotel; just that the room is bigger. I was wrong.

There is no room service, and the 3rd-party restaurants do not serve 24/7. So if you got hungry at night tough luck! Yes there is an equipped kitchenette and fridge, but not every guest wants to cook or have instant food.

Fraser's in-house housekeeping services aren't available 24/7 too. I called at around 11 p.m. to get a laundry bag, but no one picked up. I had to go to the reception desk to ask for it. The reception staff explained that housekeeping had already closed by that time!

Reception and concierge seemed understaffed - I saw at most only 2 people each at any given time. Almost everytime I phoned them, it took many rings before someone finally picked up my call. When my secretary e-mailed them to inform them of the change in my flight schedule, she didn't receive a reply.

And then when I landed at the airport and called them, NO ONE picked up.

There are some things I like though, at Fraser:
1. Well-equipped kitchenette. Eating utensils, a pot and a pan, coffee maker, stove and sink, even scissors and mittens!

2. Nice rainforest shower with functioning hot and cold water

3. Big, comfy bed and sofas

4. Location is good - near Suria KLCC and the convention center. But the street is one-way so going on foot is easy, but going by taxi is a little circling around

I think Fraser is a good choice if you're travelling in a group and you like to do things on your own. For me, when I travel, especially a business travel, I want a break from the things I do at home - cooking, for instance. I think I'll stick to a hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I spent 6 nights at the Fraser Place Kuala Lumpur. The one-bedroom apartment was large and spacious with excellent amenities. The bed was very comfortable. The closet was a large, walk-in. Having wireless internet included was great. The fitness area was well-equipped, and the pool was enjoyable after a hot day.

Location wise, Fraser Place is within walking distance of the Petronas Tower, the Menara Tower, the KL Convention Centre, and many of the malls. It's a short taxi ride to Little India and Chinatown.

The only thing I would recommend is for the hotel to have a full-time concierge that can offer advice to staff on what to see and how to get to sites. The staff, though, were excellent - friendly, helpful, and courteous. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Found this serviced apartment at 50% flash deal at Agoda.com To start with, average price of hotel rooms at Malaysia are very cheap compare to Singapore or HongKong, so it was really good value the moment i saw it.

I booked the studio deluxe twin with breakfast. The room was very spacious! there are two single beds, a sofa couch, large bathroom with shower and bathtub, full kitchen, office desk. Amenities are beyond complete with Flat TV, refrigerator, ipod dock with speaker, sound system, dvd bluray player, full kitchen set and its utensils (enough to cook something complicated), microwave, nespresso machine, and other else, more than i expected. Its attention to detail and cleanliness that makes this serviced apartment stand out

The Bed was very comfy, but what i like most is the linen / blanket, somehow it has layered thickness toward your leg, gave me the perfect warmness overnight. You know the feeling when your leg and foot feels cold yet your upper body feels too warm to be covered with blanket. ha!.

The Bathroom is actually has transparent glass that can be seen through the bedroom. however, a curtain can be pulled down close the view, yet it still leaves quite small gap for someone to peek. everything in bathroom is perfect though.

I didn't use the kitchen at all since i'm dining out every time. But i checked out their clean and complete utensils.

Rooftop swimming pool is great, not sure if the temperature controlled or not, but when i swam early in the morning, it doesn't feel too cold. The pool has view of Petronas Tower. Extra towel is provided so you don't have to bring your own towel from the room.

However, breakfast is mediocre although the staff were very attentive to your needs. The choice are very limited (3-4 dishes), small selection of patisseries, salads and cheese. I also dislike the dimmed yellow lighting of the restaurant, doesn't give you the spirit of morning.

Location wise, its good if you like to walk. Its about 800m walk to Paragon and KLCC. about 500m to nearest monorail. But there is skybridge to shelter your walk if you hate fierce Kuala Lumpur's sun heat. There are plenty of western cafes and restaurant around. If too much walk bother you, ask the concierge to find you a metered taxi. they are reasonably priced. The location is not very touristy and quiet at night.

Overall, its good hotel, you'll get what you pay for, especially if you found a good deal. I think this is a more appropriate hotel for Family that stays for more than one night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sandycolondam
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We wanted a weekend R&R in a place where we could stay in all day, and this was the perfect place. We got upgraded at check-in, which was such a pleasant surprise. We got the room with a study room (which we didn't use) but it was nice having so much extra space to ourselves. The room was very spacious and clean, as well as the kitchen, bathroom and living room. The amenities were from Peter Thomas Roth which was quite impressive.

There were many facilities such as the gym, outdoor garden, games room (Xbox and wii) and infinity pool that were fantastic but we didn't have time to enjoy.

Location-wise, it was a short walk to KLCC. The hotel also provides complimentary parking for residents, so we didn't have to fork out a lot for parking in the city area.

All in all, it was a very pleasant trip and we felt 3 days was not enough to enjoy the facilities of the hotel. Definitely coming back here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view if you want, else you will be facing an office building right outside you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Traveled with a family of 3 adults and 1 infant. Stayed in the 1 bedroom premier. Check-in was fast. It feels like a condo, with a kitchen, living room and 2 bedrooms. The bigger one had a king size bed while the other had a queen bed. Plenty of room everywhere.

Went to the 24hr gym and it was good. Clean and spacious too. Pool was on the same floor as the gym which is on the 18th floor I think, so the city view was great.

This place is about a 10 min walk to the Petronas Twin Towers. We drove here so didn't really use the train or bus from this place. Free parking throughout the 3 nights we were here.

One of the better accommodations I've stayed in for my many visits to KL. Will definitely recommend other family members and we will be back!

Room Tip: Our room looked well maintained on the 16th floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family