“Good location friendly staff”
Review of My City Hotel

My City Hotel
Ranked #145 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“Good location friendly staff”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel and staff the hotel is clean and in a good location excellent for china town. Wifi at the hotel, also on the first floor accommodation. They can order taxis for u at a fair price. They have a good knowledge of KL

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Ade53

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 17, 2012

never book, reserve or check-in in this hotel! service is worst! i checked-in here with my family, we are supposed to stay here for 5 nights, but we only stayed for 2 nights,
-WiFi? yes! on the lobby area only...
-tissue? toothbrush? soap? bottled water?? definitely no!!!
-room service? sad to say but a big NO!
-good service? they didn't even tidy our room!
-TV? oh yes! but you need to get up from your bed to change the channel, only 5 channels available
-air-con? hmm
-reception? they were so accommodating when we arrived and setting up our reservation, but after they received our payment? wow! a hell!

Room Tip: try and experience the worst hotel in Malaysia
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Holiday_Package

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Sitiawan, Malaysia
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I'm staying here for 1 nite, b'coz of my skul trip~Duno who choose tis hotel as our trip, all of our friends they stay wif bad moodn is a very bad experiences on it~Although thr location is quite good BUT the staff is RUDE...the price tat we discuss b4 is useless, at tat time the price is different~very bad trustworthy!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I had stayed here 3 times before and I went to Vietnam, I had prebooked my room for the 24th December and when I got in after my flight I was informed that the hotel was full. Service desk staff were rude and totally unhelpful.

• Stayed December 2011
6 Thank NigelRodneyLeitch
Bristol
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed here for 1 night last week for a layover in KL. Room was very clean and bedlinen spotless. However the shower was cold and the toilet seat was missing. i had wifi in my room with a reasonable connection and the location is suberb. the reception were very helpfull and supplied me with a map. The rate was £19/night

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank qualitywork1
Colombia, S.A.
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Can't beat the location, for certain. A stone's throw from the Petaling Market.
As far as the hotel, kind of dumpy, could really use a painter's brush. A pretty good amount of hair on the floor says the cleaning wasn't all that good. The internet was spotty at best, constantly fading on and off line. After a long day of seeing the sights, I normally like to kick the shoes off and watch a bit of TV, however programming was pathetic - has about 4 or 5 channels, and of those only one is worth watching-sometimes. Walls, while looking solid, are paper-thin. When my neighbor talked, I could have sworn she was in my bathroom.

I found the no smoking sign on the wall kind of funny, as there was an ashtray about 2 feet from it. Makes no sense. AirCon worked great.
All in all, there are way better options in the area for 80 RM, I would look around before settling on this place. I am giving it 3 stars, but would rather give it 2.5, trip advisor doesn't give that option.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank inspectorjavert70
Clare
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Perfect location - we were beside Chinatown but there was no noise at night time to keep you awake. We had free WiFi. The staff were friendly but we asked for our room to be cleaned and it was never done.

Room Tip: Rooms are very comfortable and have free WiFi
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends