“Very good for the price”
Review of My City Hotel

My City Hotel
Ranked #152 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Bristol
“Very good for the price”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed here for 1 night last week for a layover in KL. Room was very clean and bedlinen spotless. However the shower was cold and the toilet seat was missing. i had wifi in my room with a reasonable connection and the location is suberb. the reception were very helpfull and supplied me with a map. The rate was £19/night

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank qualitywork1

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Colombia, S.A.
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Can't beat the location, for certain. A stone's throw from the Petaling Market.
As far as the hotel, kind of dumpy, could really use a painter's brush. A pretty good amount of hair on the floor says the cleaning wasn't all that good. The internet was spotty at best, constantly fading on and off line. After a long day of seeing the sights, I normally like to kick the shoes off and watch a bit of TV, however programming was pathetic - has about 4 or 5 channels, and of those only one is worth watching-sometimes. Walls, while looking solid, are paper-thin. When my neighbor talked, I could have sworn she was in my bathroom.

I found the no smoking sign on the wall kind of funny, as there was an ashtray about 2 feet from it. Makes no sense. AirCon worked great.
All in all, there are way better options in the area for 80 RM, I would look around before settling on this place. I am giving it 3 stars, but would rather give it 2.5, trip advisor doesn't give that option.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank inspectorjavert70
Clare
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Perfect location - we were beside Chinatown but there was no noise at night time to keep you awake. We had free WiFi. The staff were friendly but we asked for our room to be cleaned and it was never done.

Room Tip: Rooms are very comfortable and have free WiFi
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Amritsar
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Rooms are ok, excellent location. Very close to China Town, Central Market and metro station Pasar Seni. They don't have restaurant but many eating joints near by.

Wi-fi doesn't work in room, but works well in lobby area.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rishikochhar
Chanthaburi, Thailand
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I'd stayed here before when there was construction underway, building work now appears complete. We'd had our bookings confirmed and were disappointed to be told we had to change rooms after one night, pack our bags and leave at reception before we left that day 8am and move into a new room on our return at 9pm that night.
The rooms were fine, clean and tidy, there seemed to be more channels available on tv, several in English i appreciated.
Though I had booked using credit card details I had to pay cash at the counter.
Worst news we had was a day after we had left, at Bangkok Airport received email from booking-com we'd booked though saying hotel had notified them we had not stayed there at all, and accordingly charging my credit card for three nights accomm. Three days later have still not had a response about this extra 303 ringit/3000baht charge.
As reception insisted on taking the receipt back when we left and were given 20r deposit back for remote control, we have no proof of payment.
Very disappointing and not a good experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank songsee24

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Chanthaburi, Thailand
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Chose this hotel for its location, easy walk to Pasar Seni and Masjid Jamek rail stations and on good bus routes.
Building undergoing renovation - the ground floor was being re-built when i was there. Room clean and small, fine for a person or couple - queen size bed, tv, wardrobe with sep bathroom/shower. What I did appreciate was how quiet it was as i was ill for 24hrs and just wanted to sleep. There's also a new lounge area (see pic) nice area to read the newspaper or watch tv, has a water filter there to refill your bottles.
Staff weren't overly friendly except for an older man, maybe the owner, who was pleasant to deal with when I arrived at 11pm after 16hrs travel.
Under 100m away is Chinatown though no noise from there drifted down to the hotel.
In four days I was not given new towels or soap, in fact there was no room service at all. A small fridge would be welcome.
Overall it's ok, as a budget hotel it's above average for clean and quiet. Didn't have laptop so unsure if the advertised wifi was working.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I have been to Malaysia five times. Personally I need a cheap hotel with a good quality and locate near the central. The receptionist is very friendly. On the desk, they provide a city map for you. I stayed in the superior room on the 3rd floor. If you're worry about the drink. Forget it, cause they provide a drinking water (hot & cold) outside the room for you. Inside, first time I saw, It was great actually. The price I paid and the quality of the room I've got was equal. The beds were soft and comfortable. After long way of traveling, you could feel the freezing of air conditioner. International Cable TV was available such as ESPN, AXN. The bathroom was good. Without a bathtub, you could also enjoy the heater and feel relax with it. WiFi were available in the lobby.

For those of you who are currently looking for a cheap hotel and locate near the central. I highly recommend it. It locates near Petaling Street, which you can enjoy shopping here, less than a minute for walking. Another shopping place is Central Market, 3 minutes for walking and it also locates near Putra LRT, Pasar Seni station. The hotel didn't provide the breakfast for you but don't worry. Mcdonald's was less than 1km away. 7/11 shop and Chinese food were here too. If you want to go to Genting Highlands, Take the bus at Puduraya bus station is also near the hotel. 10 minutes to walk. Ask the way from the receptionist

The hotel is easy to find. From Petaling Street, walk straight about 200 meters, less than a minute. you will find it on the left.

- Dani