“Simple Small Clean Room”

Simms Boutique Hotel
Ranked #176 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel room is small - Cruise Cabin style in a way, enough for 2 persons.
The bathroom is small too. The walls are thin. We were able to hear other guests talking while they were walking by our room. The wifi is ok, connection is stable and smooth.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JennChua

Reviewed February 26, 2013

we booked room on net , the location is very good near to everything jalan bukit , berajya times square mall , monorail station . the location is best for nightlife lovers . the staff of the hotel is do nice , friendly ,helping .
we checked out and were going to singapore for two days by bus , we were having bottles of whiskies , , ,cigarettes and tobacco . the lady there in the bus office said u will be fined at the immigration so we ran to the hotel as the bus was about to leave in ten minutes . as we explained to the staff at the desk i remember his name Joseph ,they agreed to keep that bag with them in clock room , that really helped us a lot .
they told us all the useful information which really helped us.
awesome hotel and staff

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Located in Jalan Pudu at the end of Bukit Bintang Street. Near to Jalan Alor, near to malls at Bukit Bintang distric. The room is clean and cozy. Loved the design, colorful. Good value for 2stars hotel. Transparent bathroom was amazing. Nice lobby. Friendly staffs.

Room Tip: Usually it's full booked. So, you better book the room first from the Internet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in january 2012.
I only booked 2 nights at frist but the place was so comfortable that i decided to stay longer.
At a mere £18 a night you cant go wrong.
Plus the wifi is super fast.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sam862010
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed at Cube Hotel for 7 nights in June 2012.
Location: located right near Bukit Bintang, major shopping street of KL. its 5-10min walk to all the major shopping centres e.g. Pavillion, StarHill Gallery,Sungnei Wong, Lot 10, Berajaya Times Square (10 floors of shopping!!!).etc. Its also 5min walk to the "eat street" of Jalan Alor, where you can eat in open air hawkers stalls very cheaply they open day & night. if not, theres plenty of eating places inside the shopping centres as well for air-conditioned comfort! the hotel is also 5min either direction to 2 different monorail stations (Bukit Bintang or Imbi) from there the monorail goes all the way to KL Sentral without changing. From KL Sentral you can catch train to airport (both KLIA and LCCT).

Staff: on arrival the check in process was fast and easy, and every time I past reception I was greeted by the staff very polite. I had trouble working out how to use the hot shower the staff was nice & helped promptly. On check out they let me store luggage for free til I return later. They also helped me with my flight online check in! which I didn't expect. very helpful!

Facility: free wifi in room & lobby, free luggage storage on last day

Room: got a single room with window. it was very clean. Yes it is very small. But it is enough for me. in fact, plenty of space for me + my 1 piece suitcase + 1 daypack/backpack.there is small desk & chair and coat hanger & rack unfortunately only 1 hanger! since the rack is a square they could have provided several hangers, but I just pile my clothes onto the rack without hanger. There is full body length mirror. bed is comfy, I slept well. tv has multiple channels with Chinese, Japanese, Malay and English channels. Since I was on 1st floor and bed is right under window, the traffic noise at night can drive you crazy, the constant scooter/moped noise! cos right outside is the lights I think where traffic stop and then all go at the same time.. first night was bad, but after that I slept well, probably cos I was tired from my day's sightseeing & shopping haha. bring ear plug or ask for room away from main road if you are light sleeper.

Bathroom: it was a bit weird to have shower and have water spray all over the toilet and sink!! it takes a bit to get used to! but overall, the bathroom is clean.

Value: I was on low budget and this hotel is perfect. Low cost and does not compromise on cleanliness, facility or service. very pleased overall, for what I paid. Booked by Agoda, paid US$26 per night.

Summary: fantastic location, unbeatable value, great helpful staff, clean room. Perfect if you are on low budget and just want a place to store your luggage safely so you can go out and enjoy the sights day & night and just go to hotel for shower & sleep.

I will definitely stay at Cube Hotel again next time I go to KL :)

Room Tip: choose ground floor if you have heavy luggage as there is no lift. choose room not facing main road...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jetsetqueen54321
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed in the Cube Hotel for 3 nights over the New Year 2013. Booked 2 single rooms and given the price we paid, I think that it is really value-for-money and most importantly, the room is clean. In addition, the hotel is strategically located near the main tourist areas which are Bukit Bintang and Berjaya Times Square, both of them are of walking distances. It is also near to convenience store which is just round the corner.

The in-room amenities are basic however, for my partner's room, the water heater in the bathroom was malfunctioning. In addition, TV channels were limited. Room was small but I don't really mind since I spent most of the day outside. In addition, there is only 1 power-point and hence, makes it inconvenient if I have to charge more than one devices.

One thing which I would like to compliment is the hotel staffs. They were very accommodating and helpful as we have several queries and they are able to solve our problems and questions patiently. There is also a cozy lobby area whereby we could just sit on the couch and watch the TV programs.

Even though it was a budget hotel, security are not compromised as we have to tap a security keycard in order to access the rooms area. Hence, only hotel guests are able to access it. It makes us feel more at ease.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay in Cube Hotel and given the price that we had paid, we will definitely return back again in our next trip back to Kuala Lumpur.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank j_herliani
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a nice little hotel in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. The location is excellence as it is close to Time Square, LRT station, food and entertainment. The rooms are quite small but clean.
There is a public parking nearby but it is not covered, so be prepared to get drenched if it rains and you need to run across the road to the car park.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business