“Great service and ambience....on the expensive end”
Review of Harrods Cafe

Harrods Cafe
Ranked #756 of 4,678 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went there for lunch after hearing some good reviews from friends.

The service was very attentive - food was done well. I had the set lunch, which was price at RM75++, for a 2 course. Potato soup was ok...but the Grilled chicken breast with roots vegs was done really well - succulent and the flavours were well-balanced. The set came with chilled juices.

I like that its quiet and the tables are overlooking the KLCC park.

They serve with nice napkins and nice silverwares....so its really the good stuff all the way ! No Ikea cutleries...hehe......so that's one of the reasons why you are paying RM75 and not RM35.. :D

I ended the meal with a cup of coffee....it came with a nice "Harrod's" chocolate button on the foam...I thought that's a nice touch for a RM20++ coffee!

Not an everyday lunch place due to pricing concern, but worth visiting for special occasion!

1  Thank Mei H

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was there with a friend. We ordered our food the same time but mine didn't arrive. I checked on it twice with the same waiter but he assured me that it's coming. The last time I asked him, he asked me what I ordered and I assume he only gave the kitchen my order. I waited 40 minutes and still no sign of my order. I had to cancel it because I was running late for my movie. The waiter who took my order was not even apologetic about it and on top of that the manager Shoba was terribly rude to me and made it as though it was my fault her waiter didn't take my order. What kind of service is this? DEFINITELY UNACCEPTABLE AND RUINING HARROD'S REPUTATION.

2  Thank FoodHunterrr
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We ordered the Harrods House salad and Caesar. They were delightful. The house salad included chicken, beef and prawns and a pleasurable treat after eating Asian food for a couple of weeks.

The staff werre attentive, the place was buzzing and food very fresh and prepared to a treat.

1  Thank koba_maria
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Longing for good Yorkshire pudding and was served a gianormous portion along withy roast beef! Beef was succulent and tender too.wife had the lamb which was so so ok not totally outstanding . reminded us of our previous workplace (hospital canteen ireland) which is cool as they are fond memories. ..

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We visited this restaurant (cafe) on its first day of opening and found that it was functioning very well. There is a wide variety on the menu from snack and sandwiches to burgers and more extensive dishes. Harrods signature items include the teas and sandwich choices. The staff are very attentive and both helpful and friendly.
English high-tea (with sandwiches etc) as well as items like a variety of salads and salt beef sandwiches are just a few among the comprehensive menu items available. Take-aways also available.
(I had earlier submitted the review for this restaurant but mistakenly identified it as Harrods Cafe, 1st Floor, Suria KLCC - a related-restaurant in the same building)

1  Thank IskandarT