“Wasn't all bad .........”
Review of Delucca - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delucca, The Italian Restaurant, is a sophisticated and sociable dining experience in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. A sleek island bar draws guests in to congregate and converse. The radiating flicker of the wood fired oven invokes feelings of coziness and warmth. An inviting open interior lined with polished cement and dark wood furnishings, and a comfortable semi al fresco patio with a plant box border are further spaces enticing interaction and relaxation.
Kl
“Wasn't all bad .........”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Having read the TripAdvisor reviews, and having been looking for a decent Italian since we moved here a few months-ago, my parter and I went with great expectations. Firstly, not where you'd expect it to be, the entrance is around the side of the One Apartment/Park Royal Hotel building, opposite the NBT jazz club (which is a great spot by the way!). The ambience is a bit like a warehouse in a modern style so, a quirky mix.

Very mixed waiting staff, some on-point and some off-hand. We found the a la carte food and wine prices, bar the pizza, to be "pimped-up". The blackboard specials, hand-written, over the bar looked more in line with fare and pricing expectations.

We settled for a bottle of wine (near the lower end of the wine list price-range) and 2 x pizzas. For some reason, couldn't get a mixed salad so we settled for a beef-salad which was rather good. The pizza toppings were delightfully tasty and what should have been a fabulous thin and crispy ode to Italy was sadly doughy and undercooked in from the crusted exterior.

In common with other reviewers, we'll give it a second chance, wasn't all bad and next time we'll probably give the blackboard specials a go as they look varied and interesting but nobody told us about them, we just noticed those after we'd ordered the pizzas.

My partner says 4 stars (she doesn't mind doughy pizza and after our service experiences in Viet restaurants, offhand service, runs off her back). I'd say 3.5 and err on the side of caution with a 3.

1 Thank Wotney
F S, Owner at Delucca, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear wotney,
Thank you for giving us 2nd chance, we look forward to welcome you again at Delucca, rest assured we take all our guests comments seriously and we are constantly working to improve our guests experience.

Best Regards

“So much better now.”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I remember my first dining experience here about 4 years ago when it first opened. The food then wasn't good. And chefs kept changing as the quality of food deteriorated. I love Italian cuisine and i kept giving Delucca seconds chances. Sometime early 2012, they hired a talented and passionate young chef to run the kitchen. The food now is now remarkably improved. Chef Afiq trained in Florence, Italy so his knowledge of flavour combinations is fabulously delicious. I'm glad I've given this place another chance. I'm dine here at least 4 times a month now. And the people you meet here are such fascinating creatures. Or just pop in for a drink. You're bound to have a conversation with anyone sitting at the bar.

Dear EdwinSumun,

Thank you for giving us several chances; we are pleased about your positive attitude towards our improvements. It is always a pleasure seeing you at Delucca. See you soon!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“SkyTeam Event @ Delucca”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our guests had a great time, especially with the fantastic food served and the ambiance makes everyone feels great. Thank you to each and every staff member of Delucca for making our event a success.

• Visited November 2012
Dear Ruhana,

We are pleased to hear that you and your guests had a fantastic time. Hope to see you again soon.

“Oh Delucca!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The best Italian & western food in KL!
Worth every ringgit spend. Great food with with very friendly waiters.
The owner are always around to meet & greet customers.
Highly recommended!

Dear Yus Lazarai,

Thank you for the great review, it is always a pleasure to serve you.

“Where else would I be?”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Delucca Restaurant is THE place in town for your fine dining experience! Great food, great ambience, cheerful and pleasant staff members and great music..On a personal note, I started my musical career here in Delucca and had the most amazing musical experience ever...I have met so many fabulous people during my performance days in Delucca and they have all now become very good friends of mine..Thank You Delucca for giving me the best life experience money can't buy! ....I Love You always!!!

• Visited September 2012
Dear Poova,

It was a privilege to have you perform here, thank you for the great experience we shared together. Hope to see you soon!