“hotel very bad dirty smoking room”

Bintang Garden Hotel
Bintang Garden Hotel
Ranked #293 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Dirty hotel tres smell of tobacco in the room(chamber) not welcoming staff and grossiere sheets dirty dirty cover(blanket) has to eviter serieusement
Hotel for persons without money(silver) which has not too much the means

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank azding2000

Reviewed October 1, 2010

This hotel can be booked through their site by paying only 10% initialy. I stayed their for 4 days with family. Room was small but it had A/C, Hot water shower & a spring bed. Value for money.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Sanjayas
Reviewed May 31, 2010

This is one of the best low budget hotel in the Bintang area. Since its a budget hotel ,don't expect any luxuries. You will have your bed and the bathroom was neat. But I loved the location very much. Its just on the Bintang walking area. If you are a party animal or shopping freak and you are on a budget travel (low budget for accommodation and high for partying :-) ), this is a good place to stay. There are lots of shopping malls in the walking distance and lots of clubs in the area .

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank sankaran P
Reviewed April 13, 2010

After reading all the negative feedback on this webisite, we still decided to reserve one night at this hotel due to its excellent location (just opposite Federal Hotel), easy to reserve directly email and the very reasonable price of MYR150 for double bed family room. We had no regrets!!!

I felt compelled to write in to give this value for money hotel a good break as well as give budget travellers a good alternative. This hotel has a lift, very new bathroom facilities, nice comfy and clean bed and towels, hot showersh, new air-con and a small fridge. If you are a no frill budget traveller, you will be paying lesser here than some hostel. We are a team of 4 ladies and find this a great hotel.

The other feedbacks may have started from the receptio but they are recruiting new front people and though not extra friendly, did not give us much difficulties at all. The only bad sight is having to return the remote controls and access to one key per room.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank clarakhor
Reviewed December 3, 2009

It was an unpleasant stay because we found at least 3 roaches as soon as we stepped inside the room. The management was quite rude and seemed to think that it was absolutely fine to have roaches in the rooms and we were making a big fuss over nothing. I am a frequent traveler and I have never ever stayed in a hotel with that many roaches in a room! I was staying with my sister and we are both phobic to roaches.

We asked to change room but were refused (They were fully booked). So we asked for a refund again we were rejected unkindly, even though we paid for the room at 12pm but we did not enter the room until 10pm. I even burst into tears at one point during our argument because there is just no way I am paying RM120 for a room which I don't even dare to sleep in. In the end the staff came up to spray the whole room with insecticide..and we had to leave the room for 2 hours so the smell would go. On returning it was already 2a.m, we did not get any sleep because the room still smelled and it was just impossible to relax after such an ordeal, and on top of that the we can hear everything going on at the streets outside.
We checked out the next day immediately and moved to a nearby hotel.

So if you dont like roaches...i'd suggest you to go somewhere else.
And the management should learn basic customer services.

• Stayed: November 2009
5  Thank unhappyhk
Reviewed June 2, 2009

While the room was clean (and the bathroom was nicely appointed and clean), we felt like a bed had been put into a cell in a warehouse - the ceilings were high but the window didn't let in much light and it felt a bit dingy and dark.

On the upside, it's within walking distance to lots of restaurants and shopping areas and the free wi-fi and TV make is more fun to be inside during a rainstorm!

For the price, not a bad place to stay...

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Located in the heart of the Golden triangle, Kuala Lumpur, this budget hotel offers all the basics at a discount price (tv, internet, A/C, bathroom with hot / cold shower). There are no frills, but that is to be expected at the price they offer. While the hotel in general seems quite well run, there are some serious issues with the attitude of the management and their willingness to properly resolve issues they are responsible for, which I go into below.

Upon arrival, I paid cash in advance for 5 days, along with the promise that I would be able to have free internet (by paying in advance, I was able to receive a small discount on the weekend rate – I arrived on a Monday). This promise was not kept and I had to find another place to stay which could meet my needs, but I was still charged a 1 night cancellation fee. I am writing this review with the hope of being able to have the cancellation fee returned, as in my opinion the hotel should accept responsibility for their inability to provide services promised, to the tune of providing a full reimbursement for the days of my stay which I decided to cancel. Details regarding the issue are below:

When I first looked at the hotel, the staff was very helpful trying to find an accommodation which would suit my needs (relatively quiet, working internet, AC, shower, security, comfortable bed, etc.). I changed rooms once due to a connection issue with the wifi, but found that the room I changed to still did not have working internet access. It is worth noting that the new room was in a noisier location, where one could here the street noise as well as noise from a bar next door late into the night. I let them know about the issue Monday afternoon and decided to wait it out, hoping it would be resolved by Tuesday morning. Although they had promised (again and again) to fix the issue, and I believe they were diligently trying to, after one day I still did not have internet access and did not know when (or if) I would be able to have access, nor to mention have internet access in a room which would be in a relatively quiet location, which I had originally requested and they had also promised. I decided to move to another hotel where I would be sure to have internet access and a quieter environment (there are many hotels / guest houses around with similar pricing and facilities, and I am happy to report I did find a place that I am very happy with so far).

Problems arose when I tried to cancel the rest of the stay and receive reimbursement. They first refused to provide reimbursement, promising to provide internet access within the next few hours. Having exhausted my patience, I refused this option. Only after several minutes of intense discussion did they agree to provide a refund, but the hotel management demanded a one night cancellation fee. I agreed only because it seemed I had no choice in the matter, and receiving 3 nights reimbursement would be better than receiving none at all. The only recourse I know of (considering that this issue is really a minor one involving only around $25 USD) is to write this review and post online, which I plan on showing them to (1) let them tell their side of the issue, if they so wish, and (2) in the hopes that they will refund the cancellation fee, in which case I will provide an update to this review.

Other notables: It seems possible that their AC system could have a mold issue (they have very nice new units, but after I turned on the AC I would quickly develop the symptoms of a cold – turning it off would solve the issue, and I haven’t had such an issue in other places with AC). As a potential customer I would suggest if you are sensitive to such issues to run the AC in the room for 5-10 minutes before paying, to help make sure you would not run into a similar problem.

Ratings:
overall - 3 stars due to the management's attitude - if it weren't for that then 5 stars.
cleanliness - Very clean, but I did see a small roach in the room at night. The place is in the middle of a big city, so is somewhat to be expected.
service - read the review
location - right in the middle of things. Beware of noise, but staff is very up-front about this issue.
value / rooms - excellent, but minor room for improvement.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business