“Hands on family activity” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Private Half-Day Kuala Lumpur Cultural Tour Including Petronas Twin Towers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: One stop batik handicraft centre in Kuala Lumpur. Batik demonstration at workshop everyday. Visitors are also welcomed to create their own batik masterpiece at the batik class. The retail showroom offer a great selection of Malaysian handicraft at good prices.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Hands on family activity”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We called up independently and booked a 1hour batik class ( family - 2 adults, children aged 9, 13 and 16). Cost 50 RM each. Everyone enjoyed greatly and came away with piece of artwork that will be great memento of our trip. Staff not immediately friendly but very helpful and warmed up as session went on. Younger children would need adult help- think paint a pot! Chance to see lovely batik work, too.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank christine s

• Arabic first
Makati, Philippines
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Exquisite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

As someone who appreciate art, craftsmanship and the hard work that comes with it. I was literally in awe of how talented the people making this batek were. I just had to visit this place to further enrich my knowledge of how malaysians continue to strive protecting their culture by preserving what is known from them. Everything in this shop is beautifully made. I guess some of my main concerns is that the staff weren't so friendly. I took photos on the gallery where they make the pieces and yet no one seem to bother me. But when I got to the main shop, I was approached to stop taking pictures of the products. I was like, what's the sense? I already took photos of the process anyway.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank LeslieConti
colinyong, Manager at Jadi Batek Gallery, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Thank you for your visit and posting at Tripadvisor.
It is our mission to preserve our handicraft heritage and we are glad that you appreciate it.
We are also sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with our colleagues.
It is our policy that photo taking is only permitted at the workshop area but not the retail area. We regret that the communication did not go well.
We will enhance the signs and the communication skills with our colleagues.
Once again, thank you for your visit.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“My wife takes all our visitors there”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am taking my wifes word on this one, they make Batik fabrics with demonstrations and a wid range of gifts to buy.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Mark_Bay_64
nottingham
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A lovely way top spend a morning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

We went along so our daughters could do a painting each - what a lovely experience! Kind and helpful staff, a beautiful studio and lots of craft products available to help them create a lovely batik painting. Excellent value, we would definitely go back. Booking was easy - I just emailed the night before and we went the next day. A joy!

Visited April 2012
3 Thank karen_veness
Doha
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Batik gallery and gift stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

This is the very first stop our tour took us. You get to see the locals working on batik and if you are interested and have time, you could even try one for a small cost. This is one side of the shop and otherside is exclusive gift shops. You could bargain for the batik clothes from the printed price if you are paying cash.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Bipin007
colinyong, Manager at Jadi Batek Gallery, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Thank you for visit Jadi Batek Gallery. Hope to see you again.