“Great stay and peaceful sleep:))”
Review of LEO Palace 1 Hotel

LEO Palace 1 Hotel
Ranked #210 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Thank you very much for the professional customer service and excellent hospitality shown to me during my stay at Leo Palace Hotel. The check in and check out process was done in seconds. The room was very clean and the mattress was soft and of good quality. I had the most comfortable night and a peaceful sleep thanks to you. I would love to stay again at your place.

Room Tip: upgrade and get the suites
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank PrakashVos26
Leo K, Manager at LEO Palace 1 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear PrakashVos26,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking your time writing this lovely review on tripadvisor. We hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Once again, thank you PrakashVos26.

Best regards

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We thought of booking a low budget hotel, but this turned out to be a lowest budget hotel. The rooms were old, AC never worked. We complained about AC, and the staff turned up after 4 phone calls and they showed up as thought they fixed but they didnt. Similar to AC, TV never works. The bathroom ventilator was transparent. We had no option but to close it with a towel, pathetic.

The location doesnt look good. The food was terrible and the restaurant was too small. We found a small indian (tamil) mess near by. The only way of transport from and to the hotel is taxi. Even the taxi driver took 5 mins to locate the hotel after we reached the locality.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 661ramyas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is the worst Hotel I have ever visited in my life.

we have booked a Duble bedded room for 4 people. The bed is about to collapse, rest room is very small and uncomfortable to take a bath even. Air con is a age OLD machine, mechanic had spent 1 hour in our room to fix the problem. When I requested for a room change, they have not even tried to listen the problem. Had a small 14' color TV and that too it was not working.

Even the breakfast is worst, very few options and no cleanliness at all.

One of the Taxi driver told us its not a good location and warned us not to go out of the hotel after 7PM.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I know this is a budget hotel but the room we stayed in was just old, tatty and a little bit grotty. The bathroom is really small and the shower is literally above the toilet. Be sure to remove the toilet roll before you have a shower because everything gets soaked! There was mould and grime on the ceiling and the mirror was so marked and stained that it was practically useless. The TV was the smallest thing I've ever seen and there were very few channels to choose from and even fewer that had a signal. Also, we were unable to adjust the volume and there was no remote control. The bed was clean and comfortable but the throw did have a number of cigarette burns in it. The A/C worked well enough but again there was no remote. At 5ft4 I could just about reach the controls. Anyone shorter would struggle. There was no light bulb in our lamp and the two lights in the main part of the room didn't work so the majority of the room was in darkness once the sun went down. To be fair, we were only there for two nights, were hardly in our room so couldn't be bothered to make a fuss about the lights. The staff were friendly enough and I'm sure they would have helped us if we'd asked. Also, I wouldn't bother with breakfast. The "buffet" was pretty average. We slept well enough....until someone in another room took a shower / flushed their toilet. The plumbing is about as loud as a herd of elephants charging overhead and just as welcome. I don't think the location is great as it took us a while to walk to both the monorail station and the train station. Also, I wouldn't recommend staying here alone. The area didn't feel that safe and as a woman I wouldn't want to walk back alone at day or night. It is a budget hotel but I think there are better options. We were pleased to get out of there and if we'd had to stay in KL any longer then we would have moved on.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I visited KL with my family in May 2013. We had two rooms. the Air conditioner in one of the room was broken. It got switched on but didn't cool! When we asked for a change of room, they informed us that there was no other available room which sounded like a lie. The four of us had to adjust in the other room (sleep on the floor) to be able to get some sleep. Very bad experience. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anybody. It's better to spend a few bucks more and get a decent hotel otherwise it spoils your entire holiday experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night for £15 (hotels.com) offer. Close to titiwangsa station to get on the mrt.

Room was generally clean and comfortable.

During our stay heavy rain meant the area flooded. The lift shut down and we were unable to leave the hotel due to water on the ground floor. Whilst the flood was not the fault of the hotel- no information was communicated to anyone staying there.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the leo palace. Clean rooms, staff that literally offered me the shoes off their feet when my sandals broke! Stayed 5 nights, and will definately stay again next time I'm in Kuala Lumpur :-)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple