“Great place for rum lovers!”
Review of The Rum Bar KL

The Rum Bar KL
Ranked #35 of 5,525 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Description: Widely tipped to be the next big thing in the spirit industry, premium rum is on the rise and it is happening rapidly around the globe. Home to the largest rum collection in Asia with more than 300 labels sourced from around the globe's best locales, The Rum Bar KL has everything from the classics (Havana Club 7), old and rare (Appleton Estate 50 YO) to limited editions (El Dorado 25YO). The wonderful molasses & sugarcane distilled spirit are available in the form of Craft Cocktails, Rum Flights, Artisan Cuba Libre, Rum & Cigar Pairings and Rum & Food Pairings. The Rum Bar KL is an epicentre not just for great rum, but food as well. As one of the best western restaurant in Changkat Bukit Bintang KL, our Contemporary Latino menu specially curated by Chef Proprietor Werner Kuhn was inspired by "Barbacoa". It features large slabs of Pork, Iberico Pork, Beef and Lamb ribs, drenched in sauce of your choice. Pair these ribs with tapas and a dram of rum for a perfect night out.
Reviewed March 5, 2019 via mobile

I'm a woman traveling alone.
The Rum bar felt safe, calm, beautiful and very authentic with the grown-ups' atmosphere. It's serious about serving good drinks and cigars. All of these were my type except that I don't smoke.
The bar stands on the busy street filled with many other bars with open-air tables.
I took a table on the sidewalk so I could enjoy the Malaysian air.
The staffs were super nice!!!! They constantly came and talked to me so the lone traveler didn't get bored.
I've only got the names of Jona & Hom, but all of the staffs I met were very kind and friendly. They were fun and easy to talk to yet in a polite manner as the authentic bar staffs, which I admire. I am super grateful to Jona and Hom specifically that they watched over and cared for me for safe on the busy drunk street - getting rid of guys, getting me a taxi.
I had a few amazing house cocktails made with fine rum. The bartender was young but the taste of drinks are guaranteed. The house Mojito was unforgettable with a little trick of creativity on lime!! You can taste the world's rum there that we don't easily get to see at local places in Japan.
I would definitely recommend this bar for rum lovers, and to make a wonderful travel night with the nice local people! However, to the Japanese people, you all do not hesitate to speak English when you're abroad, please!!

Date of visit: February 2019
3  Thank traveltacoat
wernersk, Public Relations Manager at The Rum Bar KL, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Hi traveltacoat, thanks for the in-depth review! We could not have been happier to know that our customer enjoyed their time with us. It is our pleasure (& Hom's + Jona's) to be able to serve you and please come back to visit us anytime soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2019

Fantastic, quiet place for a decent drink without hassle or pressure. The staff are sympathatic and attentive and really know their rum. I can't recommend this place highly enough!

1  Thank Claire P

Hi Claire P, thank you for the lovely review, we are glad that you enjoyed our drinks & service as much as we do! It is our pleasure to be able to serve you and do come back to visit us anytime soon. See you again!

Reviewed January 21, 2019

My husband and I hadn't planned to go to the Rum Bar, as we aren't particularly rum drinkers. However, we had finished our suckling pig next door at El Cerdo and my husband asked if he could smoke a cigar at an outdoor table while we finished our wine. The server suggested she take us next door.

So, we moved next door and while smoking the cigar he brought with him and drinking the wine from El Cerdo, the staff at The Rum Bar made sure we didn't need anything. They brought him a cigar ashtray and offered to cut and light his cigars. When the neighborhood music cranked up, we asked to move inside and, again, they seemed delighted to help us.

Their cheerful attentiveness paid off the next night, when we decided to go there for a quiet drink or two. We somehow ended up out without a phone, which is a shame, because their beverages are beautifully presented (read: very Insta-friendly). They were also delicious. And, in the end, my husband couldn't resist their large selection of cigars, despite the eye-watering prices.

I would definitely recommend The Rum Bar if you are in the area and looking for a quieter place to enjoy a drink and a cigar. Don't forget your phone. ;-) If (like us) you aren't that familiar with various rums, the staff can answer your questions and help narrow down your choices.

1  Thank TeachT2
wernersk, Public Relations Manager at The Rum Bar KL, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2019

Hi TeachT2, thanks for the in-depth and encouraging reviews! We could not have been happier to know that our customer enjoyed their time with us. It is our pleasure to be able to serve you and please come back to visit us anytime soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

Very nice outlet a bit more quiet than others in Changkar area with of course amazing selection of Rum from any places on the planet. Bartenders are very knowledgeable and attentive. Will be back

1  Thank camuche123
wernersk, Public Relations Manager at The Rum Bar KL, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2019

Hi camuche123, thanks for the encouraging reviews! We could not have been happier to know that our customer enjoyed their time with us. It is our pleasure to be able to serve you and please come back to visit us anytime soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2019

My husband is a real rum lover (and a bit of a rum snob), so I booked an evening to take him here for a treat. It was WELL worth it. We decided to sit at the bar and were fabulously looked after by Arbee and Jasper. We started with a premium flight and were not disappointed. Then, we ordered a few tapas - avocado bruschetta and pork tacos. Both were delicious - lots of garlic on the bruschetta, so beware if you are on a date ;) - it tasted amazing though.

We moved on a had some cocktails - I really enjoyed the Rum Old Fashioned - a sweeter Rum version of its name. My husband had 3 or so - the favourite being the one that was mixed with white wine and elderflower. I didn't think it would work, but it did.

We enjoyed a few more nibbles and another flight of rums. We were well looked after throughout. The manager and bartenders were very knowledgeable and really tried hard to cater to our tastes.

We will definitely be back!

1  Thank STLbirdie

Hi STLbirdie, thank you for the lovely review, we are glad that you and your husband enjoyed our food, rum & service as much as we do! It is our pleasure to be able to serve you both and do come back to visit us anytime soon. See you again!