“strategic, convenient, ok”

Ranked #143 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
bali, medan
“strategic, convenient, ok”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

not too bad for this hotel room, the place is quiet strategic, near to everywhere, and only need to across the road to grab a places to have a meals. not too special..but it is oke for stay.. oh ya, the bed is hard.. :)

Room Tip: no breakfast here
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ocyd85

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
Tennessee
Reviewed May 6, 2011

My family and I were staying for over a few weeks so we wanted to stay somewhere that was nice yet a good price. We had trouble with the staff from the start. They were rude and VERY shady. They manager kept trying to tell us the first few days the price was more then he had told us. A LOT MORE, it was odd and my husband refused.

The rooms in the above pictures are much nicer then the room they gave us. I never even wanted to walk in the room barefoot and the showers had BLACK mold in them as well as in the sink. The hotel is old so you smell an old musky smell. The workers that clean the rooms are very nice though.

The hotel is in a great area and the price is good so if you can deal with the rest your okay. One of my MAIN things is bedding and the bedding was not bad but I felt like the comforter had never been washed before. VERY GROSS.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank smuuggrl

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Medan, Indonesia
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I cannot say that my experience in this hotel is great.

I booked two double deluxe room (1 queen + i single).
One room is very spacious and the other room is cramped. Practically no space for us to move after we put in our luggage. Plus the room don't have switch for temperature and when we ask how to lower the temperature, they send one sour face handyman that didn't greet, smile or explain. He just came in, switch off a button and gone.

second day at our stay, i slept on the floor coz my niece keep kicking me in her sleep. (i cover the floor using blanket). In the morning i found out that i have been bitten by bug in 5-6 different places in my hand and legs.

We also have problem with on and off hot shower. When we asked the handyman to come, the hot water is running okay and he just give us the 'LOOK'.

This hotel also charge us for keeping our luggage for two days. (we gone to singapore in between stay) and they also charged us for keeping luggage after we check out (for a few hours only).

So for all the 'services' they provides, i say this hotel is totally not recommended except for the location. For extra RM60.00, i can get a nice room at Melia KL (across Times Square) that provide breakfast, bathtub, and two queen size bed with a friendlier staff.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank dewi_kartika
Indonesia
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Everything is Good about this hotel. Location is Excellent, Price is Good, Room is Spacious & Clean but the only thing that spoils everything is the Staff. Unfriendly, they don't Greet,they don't Smile and they are not attentive.
I booked the hotel directly through them by e-mail. I have informed them that I need an extra bed. After waiting for a while we called them to ask for the extra bed. It seemed like they are not aware about it and they said that they need to collect the extra-charges for the bed.
I told them that they can charge me during check-out! (Do I need to teach them what to do?) Its not like I am going to run-away???
Other than this minor problem I would say that this is a Good hotel to stay-in and would recommend it to Others :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank SuSingapore
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed October 6, 2010

It's good hotel.. In Front of from the hotel is restaurant in the night.. it's one of nightliffe spot in Bukit Bintang.. But be careful, so many prostitute in there.. I don't know where is trus massage or prostitute.. But it's nice to stay at there. So close with Taxi and monorail to KL sentral. about 1 km from hotel, you can find Puduraya Bus station.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard8690
Vienne, France
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We had originally booked to stay at the Heritage Station Hotel but it was awful so we were homeless in a strange country!!
Asked a lovely lady taxi driver to recommend a reasonably priced hotel and she took us to the Imperial.
Situated at the top of Jalan Alor - loads of street restaurants/shops and very close to the monorail and shopping centres.
Large room, decor not trendy but very clean, huge walk in shower, air con good, staff friendly. We had a room at the back which was recommended by the staff as the front facing rooms with views are noisy as the traffic is serious! We did have a sort of view of both the Menara Tower and the Petronas Towers - see photos. It's also within walking/strolling distance of both, KL is smaller than you think!
There are loads of restaurants just outside plus shopping malls and the monorail is a couple of minutes walk away.
I asked for an extra pillow, blanket and hairdryer and all came within minutes. Laundry service was fast and very good.
Excellent hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnsbint
Karachi
Reviewed July 9, 2010

This hotel is one of the best hotels among bukit bintang hotels.
Beside KFC and shopping area is just outside the hotel
Will stay there again this year
Very near to public transport
One thing is annoying about this hotel that Air Conditioning is centeral and it is not controllable from some rooms of this hotel and at night it is very very cold so we had to sleep while opening the windows apart from this it is best hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family