“DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!”
Review of Hostel Red Dragon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kuala Lumpur
Hostel Red Dragon
“DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

This is the worst hostel I have EVER stayed in! First they offered us discount on a room because the bathroom was being done up, when we got in it the smell was disgusting. We checked the toilet which was not connected to anything and it had poo in!! So it obviously wasn't checked. They moved us to another room which were full of bedbugs! I must of woke up with at least 40 bites. Also cockroaches were everywhere. In the corridor and bathrooms there is a STRONG smell of wee, it makes you uncomfortably having a shower. We also got our laundry done there and they made all our whites a dirty patchy yellow colour. After complaining to a very rude receptionist they gave us 3 free nights but because it was that disgusting we refused and left. I have never written a review before but I thought people needed to know NOT to go there. Go to RIbbon Stayyz its next door and its great!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank arcolclough

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I spent one night here, front room, no problem. Stayed another time, back room, got bed bug bites, woke after 12pm told staff, moved me to another nearby room, woke at 4.30 covered in bites, worst I've ever had. Told staff, watched their treatment method, turned mattress upside down, sprayed with insecticide. I would suggest avoiding the place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank ozdocos

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Nice Hostel but a lot of Bedbugs. The stuff was friendly and the laundry and information service was good. But really a lot of bedbugs. Everywhere.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank agrafx
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Laidback staff, acceptable budget rooms with tiled floors and a/c. Other reviews mention bedbugs - would not have stayed there if I'd read that! - but there was no sign of them in the room I had, ultimately though I couldnt stand the shared bathrooms. Cheap and centrally located, with one hour of free internet use.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Checked in yesterday to stay for one night in a single room. Laying on the bed, I saw a little bug walking over the wall. I heard about bedbugs but had`nt seen them before, so checked on the inernet how they look and where to find them just to be sure.
Back in my room, looked at the matress, all bedbugs! Asked for another room, as it was late at night already and considered it might just be that room (could be) but my new room was covered with bed bugs aswell. I mentioned the bed bugs to the night clerk, but he didn`t seem to care at all. I took my money and got the hell out of there to find another place to sleep!

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Tinus24
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I stayed here for one night, and like the reviewer above me, woke up covered in bedbug bites. I had already paid for the second night, and when I asked for my money back, they refused, saying "you can switch rooms. whenever people complain about the bedbugs we let them switch rooms". as if people are constantly complaining about the bedbugs. needless to say, i left. beware! also, the rooms have no windows and the bathrooms are filthy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank nschwizz
Reviewed November 24, 2009

great place for money value and easy to get around via train and bus, you can walk most places from here (shopping, station, airport bus).
Its 1min from china town market to basically right outside the hostel