Stayed here for a week with my girlfriend as we were travelling Asia, and this is what we experienced:
+ Staff is amazing. There were two guys manning the reception at all times in shifts. They were both equally helpful, and fun in their own way. Their English was way better than expected, and they would answer any questions you might have about the city, tourism in general and how to get where. They'd even arrange transport for you if needed, say to Batu Caves for a good price.
+ Location was amazing. Food street with cuisine from all over Asia literally 50 m from the entrance, and not to mention the cheapest food place in town right across the street, named TGs, where we ate practically every day. 15-20 min stroll to the Petronas towers, and shopping malls around every corner. McDonalds and KFC were also really close to the guesthouse.
+ The social aspect of the Tropical Guesthouse is to be noted, as there's literally just one place to sit if you're not at your room, and its the entrance. This makes it really easy to meet people!
+ You can charge your electrical devices in your room, and there's also extra plugins at the lobby.
+ Wifi is quick ad reliable!
+ Cheap water, beer and soft drinks in the reception.
- Shared bathroom. The floor was always wet and I got an infection in my foot most likely due to this, the doctor said.
- Toilets are rampaged, and in one of the bathrooms the toilet doesn't have a button to flush, you have to dip your hand in soon-to-be toilet water to flush after you finish.
- Originally we booked 3 nights in the same room, but when we got there we got 2 nights in one room and we had to move for the last night. Later, we used this fact to bargain for a better price.
The street is filled with guesthouses, and we moved out due to the other ones giving a better price for the same room, if not better sort of room.
Don't forget to try to bargain, we got the rooms quite cheaper than the original prices.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tropical GuestHouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Guesthouse Hotel Kuala Lumpur