“Lovely personal service”

Sarang Mas Vacation Home
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had 3 nights here which made a nice introduction to KL for the 3 kids who had culture shock initially! Staying at sarang mas has a nice local feel to it and Anita gives wonderful care and attention. It's a much more authentic experience than staying in a charmless hotel and wifi is good. Rooms are very clean with just a bed and chair, quite basic. If you have crawling babies or unsteady toddlers, don't stay here as the stairs would be treacherous! There are other sarang properties that would probably suit though. We did a night market tour with Christina and Michael which was great. It was a local suburban market with not a tourist (except us) in sight. Great value at 90 MYR for all 5 of us including transport. Christina is really easy and helpful to deal with before arrival which was reassuring.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed there for two nights. Michael and Christina welcomed me warmly and gave me lot of suggestions like what to do and where to go. I took their advice and had a wonderful time. Anita is very nice and very considerate. She cares about my safety as I'm on my own. And she kindly offered me the shower before I went to airport even if I checked out already hours ago. The breakfast was nice too. In one word, yes I feel home, and well looked after. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Wei D
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Previously I have stayed at Sarang Rooms but this trip we stayed at Sarang Mas for 4 nights.
The house is well laid out with lounge room upstairs.
Location is good - only 5 minutes walk to monorail and Bukit Bintang.
Once again Anita makes you feel well looked after which included getting us a taxi at 6 in the morning.
Air conditioning good, beds comfortable, service fantastic.
Take a trip to a local market with Christina for a different view of KL life.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CarTraveller13
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stumbled accross this a year ago when we were going to KL for 3 nights. We so enjoyed it that we decided to come back and stay 8 nights this time.
We prefer to stay at Mutiara studio apartment (Condo) as we like our own place without sharing and we like a pool.
We were lucky enough to spend New years eve with Michael and Christina and family and staff as well as other guests there. What fun.
Everyone has commented so there's not alot more to say (and I did a review last year) although I can't not praise Christina and Michael for being such wonderful hosts along with their fabulous staff (and daughter).
The Condo allows us to do our own washing and we have wifi and TV.
We don't bother with using the kitchen but those who like to indulge have it all there.
Michael is a golfer much to my husbands delight, so he has a golf buddy in Michael.
Which gives more time for our daughter and I to shop :) in which Christina offers helpful advice to me.
Anita brings the most fabulous Roti and fresh fruits up for breakfast, yum.
The other staff clean it beautifully each day and you are never short of towels.Something that annoys me in hotels.
There are also shower gels and lotions etc incase you run out of your own toileteries.
Loads of reading matter too.
The Condo surrounds are quiet and next door is an eating place if you don't wish to walk the very short distance to eat street (Jalan Alor).
It's not a posh hotel but that's what we like... it's like home. Cosy, comfortable and with loads of advice on the ready should we need.
My husband came over with a mate last year for the grand prix and stayed in the B&B that they offer. They didn't want a pool, so it did them perfectly.
We are not sure when we can get back to KL, but when we do, we will be staying here again :)

Room Tip: If you like privacy and a pool, take the Condo. If you like to meet other travellers and chat, take...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WSAH
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We a big family stayed in Sarang Mas for 3 nights, we rent the entire house as we have 6 people. It's a very good feel to "have" your own house in a unfamiliar city, we were all happy about that.
The location of Sarang Mas is very good, 5 minutes walk to food street, 10 minutes walk to shopping malls & hop-on-hop-off tour bus stations. If you are strong, China town & twin towers are also within walking distance.
Michael & Christina's office is just next door, and the house keeper, Anita, is really really friendly and helpful. We have 6 people, so they arranged a mini van for airport transportation and city tour too. I have to say our city tour driver is excellent, my parents enjoyed the tour a lot!
As for shortcomings, if there is, should be the house itself, it's very good to rent the entire house for a big group, but if you only have 1 or 2 persons, it might not be so convenient because:
1. the bath room is not ensuite
2. sound-proofing between rooms are not quite good, so if you have a noisy neighbor... good luck :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We cannot speak highly enough of our time at Sarang Mutiara, we stayed 3 nights but booked a 4th as we arrived very early in the morning. Pick up was arranged at 4.30am from the airport, Anita was waiting for us when we arrived, settled us in & bought a delicious local breakfast to us after we'd rested. Her attention to us made us feel like we had family caring for us, nothing was too much trouble. Christina also took all guests for an authentic Indian breakfast & we really enjoyed meeting them all. Michael also spent time speaking to us about the local area. The apartment was clean, spacious, comfortable & located in easy walking distance of everything in KL. If returning to KL we would not consider staying anywhere else. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GLL66
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We're a big family with 11 persons accommodate in the lovely house, it's quite good and convenient to us. Good location, clean room and delicious breakfast, very useful information provided by Anita, Christina and Michael...all is impressive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family