I stayed here on my honeymoon with my husband. We reserved the studio. It is basically a rented condo in a highrise, with a cute little living room and a bedroom. It was 250$, which I think is way too expensive, however.
I ALWAYS go with tripadvisor to get the best spots and I'm usually never disappointed. This was a first.
The room was very nice BUT: the woman who checke dus is was incredibly invasive. She checked us in and WOULD NOT LEAVE. She meant well and was explaining things to do in the city, right up to the tiniest detail, to me and my husbanfd who were really tired and just planning on doing a little travelling. That's not the invasive past, however. One day we came home and the lady who had checke dus in was coming down the elevator. SHe said she couldn't service the room because she didn;t have the right key. She said she would come back the next day in order to not disturb us. We got into our room and got ready for a shower. That's when SHE WALKED INTO THE ROOM WHILE WE WERE BOTH FULLY NAKED. I screamed, and she said sorry. BUT SHE DIDN"T LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She came in and started doing the siches and emptying the garbage, and answer texts on her phone as I akwardly sat on the bed, naked under the towel my husband managed to throw at me from the bathroom, which he akwardly lokced humself into while she stayed. I couldn't manage to find the words to express how incresibly inapproprite this was! She left after ten minutes. !!!!!!!!!!!
Other big ick: our flight was leaving at 3:30 AM and so the day of our departure, we said we wanted a room that was more basic and less expensive than the studio, just to rest a little before we would leave. They said they had a room in a flat. Given their #1 rating, we blindly trusted their judgement that the room would be decent. OH MY WHAT A MISTAKE. The 100 MYR room was a dingy, dirty room in one of those firty looking appartment blocks that we all feel bad for the residents. Our jaw pretty much dropped: this was the type of room you would think some dirty little hostel would sell you for 40 MYR. We packe dour thinkgs and went across the street to another place for the same price.
Most of te good reviews are due to the owners, which yes, were very friendly and helpful. However, we barely never saw them.
So overall, this place is ok, but really does not deserve #1. Don't have high hopes. And maybe someone will walk into your room and stay while your completely naked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rent a room (starts from RM130 for single room) or the whole 4 bedroom house (starts from RM550). Sleeps up to 12 pax. Great for families or single travelers. All rooms with aircond and windows. Low density occupation ensures a comfortable stay. Close to Bukit Bintang, Jalan Alor, Twin Towers, Chinatown, Times Square, Little India. Taxis, Monorail and LRT stations nearby. 10mins from KL Sentral and Pudu Sentral. So easy and cheap to get around. We also have food tours, night market tours and cooking class. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Sarang Galloway Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarang Galloway Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Sarang Galloway Bed And Breakfast