“Authentic Indian Food in KL”

Restoran Yusoof dan Zakhir
Ranked #52 of 4,391 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Indian, Malaysian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed December 5, 2013

It is not the most glamorous restaurant, but it is a big step up from street for in KL. Being a foreigner, I couldn't chance eating food from street vendors, as delicious as it looked. I was trailing with a business colleague who happened to be of Indian decent. I suggest this restaurant, and after eye-ing it out, he agreed. He ordered Dosai and was very pleased, saying it was authentic. I ordered chicken, rice and vegetables from the pre-made food and was not disappointed at all. I also order some naan, thinking I would get a little bit of bread. Well... I was wrong. I received a large piece of bread with two different dipping sauces. All told, my meal with $3, probably the same for my colleague.

It was so good, he wanted to eat there the next evening. It is glorified street food, safe and sanitary, tasty and quick. I highly recommend it. In its class of restaurants, it is a 5 star restaurant. However, I do not recommend using the toilet. Pass the 1 Ringit and use the toilet across the way in the Central Market.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Arriving in KL, I consulted TA for a nearby Indian Restaurant, thanks to favourable reviews from the TA community, I decided to check it out. The place was full of locals inside and queuing outside at a stall. I opted for a chicken massala, with rice and naan bread. All for 9MYR
The service was excellent and v.friendly. I ended up eating here on my last day in KL too.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Went here as was favorably reviewed on trip advisor and close to Central market where I wanted to be on that day. I must have looked like a pig to the locals as I ordered 3 dishes, Bombay toast, roti canai and a thosai, all turning up on separate silver platters, it filled the table. If you like french toast this is a must here, I couldn't get enough of it, the bombay version comes with curry dips, yes,yes,yes its not Malaysian cuisine I know but it was devine. I continued to return here for breakfasts even though I stayed in Bukit as food was great, also had murtabak which was good and of course tea tarik which is good anywhere. It seems a lot of places on trip advisor maps are not in exact location as shown, this restaurant is on the pedestrian street that runs alongside the central mrket

paradiseinn786, Public Relations Manager at Restoran Yusoof dan Zakhir, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thanks for rate us and review,we appreciate with your review it was so meaningfull to our business,we welcome you again and try our main dish like nasi kandar,seafood paradise and many more,THANK YOU.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We found this place whilst visiting the night markets and we were really happy that we did. The food in this restaurant is delicious and very inexpensive. We particularly liked the thosai (dosas) and the tandoori chicken. The flavour of the tandoori chicken was awesome.

It is worth a visit if you are in the area.

2  Thank waalitj

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Awesome place and a hundred times better than any Chinese food nearby! Seriously go to Mo Chit for Chinese food.

Been going to Yusoof many years, great food and value,

1  Thank nice-n-cozy