“cockroach and cold shower...”

Mandarin Court Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #177 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed for two nights in this hotel which was booked by our tour operator Kuoni (SOTC).
They claim to be three star but it it is not worth any rating. our double room in eighth floor was too small for a double bed (but offerred amazing view.. the only saving grace) and the bath room had roaches. The shower head is kept at a low height so one has to go on the knees to get under it ! And there was no hot water .. (of course KL weather is hot). They surely take vare of travel operators very well but not necessarily their guests.

Room Tip: If at all you choose to stay here, ask for rooms facing the petronas tower skyline !
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mpaddy

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I and my wife visted Malaysia in my holidays as part of tour package booked through SOTC . They booked my accommodation in Mandarain Court . My overall experience was as follows:

Positive :
(i)From some of the rooms you can have a wonderful view of the KL tower & Petronas tower .
(ii)It is close to the Maharajalela Mono rail station though I have’nt tried to get on board the mono rail from there .
(iii)Close to China town though you can’t go walking , I hired a cab and one way fare is MR6 .
(iv)Rooms were cosy

Negative :
(i)Wash rooms let us down , water gets clogged in wash basins ,flush doesn’t work at all .
(ii)Food was too costly .
(iii)Morning buffet breakfast has very limited options .
(iv)Though my travel agent told me that the hotel was close to China town ,it is not that close ,takes around 20-30 mints by walking .
(v)The backyard of the hotel was very dirty .
(vi) The main shopping areas were very far off .
(vi)The swimming pool seems very ill maintained , I went there in the morning at around 9 am and there is no one around ,got a little surprised as a hotel having 17 floors and 200+ guest rooms has no body around ,probably no one was ready to take bath in this shabby pool .

Overall experience was average , my recommendation would be one should look for alternative option before try this hotel .I am very candid in my feedback hope other visitors will benefit from my feedback as I myself have benefited from the feedback of others in trip advisor .

Room Tip: Always insist on rooms facing KL tower & Petrons , gives a magnificient view .
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pankz
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Everything was good for me and I had a best time with my friends.So definitely next time I will come to this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank saeed83
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I love to say it was a grate stay in Malaysia. And the hotel was so clean and the service was excellent. The money you wouuld pay for this hotel worth it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank saman82
Reviewed June 4, 2011

we stayed three nights in this budget hotel,the room was really clean and staff very friendly..
i loved the view of our room, it was one of the best place to drink your coffee and look at the towers nice shot of klcc,kl tower..
but breakfast was not good.
overally we liked the hotel and also the location, it was close to monorail station

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank aminalizadeh
Reviewed June 1, 2011

being a local i like to experience a night in any of my randomly selected hotels in Kuala Lumpur. Since I've started this hobby of mine i guess i've been to several hotels and mostly rated from 3 to 4 stars. a few did excel but others need to get their act together. as for this hotel.. well if your do not have the tendency to go out at night and just lying in bed doing nothing then this is the place. but if your a night goer then.. night life is a bit far far far away :). anyway its pleasant but the bathroom is a bit small.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Hoteltraveller3105
Reviewed December 9, 2010

The hotel is nicely located next to the metro, walking distance to China town. We stayed on the 15th floor lovely view from up the swimming pool is on the roof. You can see the Petronas Towers from the terrace and also from the room. The staff are friendly . Good food with live music during happy hours

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family