Check-in and Room:
Checking in was fast and easy. We were located in 26th floor, corner room and facing KL Tower for 2 nights (Deepavali eve). The room have bathtub and nice window, i mean the view in the bathroom were superb. Bed was comfy king size. Overall the room was okay. Only during the night, one of the lighting on the room, fell off and break the glass. Call the receptionist and informed them to make sure sent someone to repair it in the morning. They call around 9.00 am and we asked them to come to the room around 10.00 since we are going out. After 4.00pm, the breaking glass have been clean up but somehow the light did not attached properly and it was a bit dangeorus to just hang out the light without screw it back.
Newspaper and Car park:
We did not receive any newspaper on our 2nd day, only our last day we got our newspaper. Car park was in hotel building with security. Lots of parking and easy access to the elevator.
Dissapointed. When we checking in the vision four was working fine. After 6pm all the vision four channel suddenly vanished. Almost midnight informed the management but still they did not rectify it until noon. Again, we call the management and they confirm they will take a look. Back to the hotel around 6.00pm still black blank tv. I give up by then. I guess they do not bother with our request.
Location and outside food:
Quite good, with easy access to food, 7-11, public transportation. Although beware with the prices, quite expensive. Just one small chicken wing one mamak restaurant charge me for RM6.00. Only my husband try the hotel food during breakfast and was okay i think ;)
Checking out was also quick. Overall, my kids having fun in the bathtub. Only for me the TV channels was a bit dissapointed. Very little variety IMHO.
We will try if my husband and i want to try again early next year during CNY. See if they will improve on the contra aspect from our end. So for a night stay, the hotel is recommended bot for a long holiday though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silka Maytower, Kuala Lumpur is located in central Kuala Lumpur. The hotel is within walking distance to Merdeka Square, KL Tower, Central Market, Chinatown, the Petronas Twin Towers, Lake Garden and Sogo, making it an ideal base accommodation for exploring Malaysia's most popular tourist attractions, historical, modern and natural sights, shopping, street food, fine dining, and local communities. Silka Maytower Hotel & Serviced Residences enjoys easy access to public transportation with the Masjid Jamek LRT Station and Dang Wangi Monorail being just a 5-minute walk away. With 193 rooms and suites, the hotel provides affordable accommodation for families, business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Silka Maytower Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maytower Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Maytower Hotel Kuala Lumpur