Hotel is still in reasonable shape and I would go there again, as it was cheap (150 MYR / night, standard room) and clean. However, there are some drawbacks that you should keep in mind before booking: Wifi is only available in the lobby and the rooms only have LAN cables. Speed is about 50kb/s down and up (wifi and cable!), so be prepaired to wait some time. Moreover, I missed a hair dryer in the bathroom and the mattresses are only 1,80m long. The hotel rooms are located starting on the 21st floor which means you will have a good view on KL! The pool, located at level 8, was in a clean condition and used by only few hotel guests. Breakfast buffet is served on ground floor and costs 28++ MYR (30% discount for hotel guests). I have not tried it as there are plenty of other options in KL.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silka Maytower, Kuala Lumpur is located in central Kuala Lumpur. The hotel is within walking distance to Merdeka Square, KL Tower, Central Market, Chinatown, the Petronas Twin Towers, Lake Garden and Sogo, making it an ideal base accommodation for exploring Malaysia's most popular tourist attractions, historical, modern and natural sights, shopping, street food, fine dining, and local communities. Silka Maytower Hotel & Serviced Residences enjoys easy access to public transportation with the Masjid Jamek LRT Station and Dang Wangi Monorail being just a 5-minute walk away. With 193 rooms and suites, the hotel provides affordable accommodation for families, business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Silka Maytower Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maytower Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Maytower Hotel Kuala Lumpur