We have stayed a few years ago also in this hotel, nothing great but good rooms and a great breakfast. So we decided to go back. In these two years the hotel has gone from 4 stars to 1.
The elevators take fore ever, than you enter in shabby corridors which are filthy! The "room" more like a closet was so small that our suitcases did not fit? It was extremely dirty, the carpet was covered with pure filth, the back sides from the beds were dirty, many stains on the sheets. A window that was 10 centimeters and small flies in the waste bins. In one word: horrible.
I went down and did my complain, well nobody really cared and did not listen, they were too busy with checking in others. Went up again, no hot water, the toilet kept running and called the reception. A maintenance man came, with the most dirty shoes so the bathroom was even dirtier. He turned on the tab, here there is hot water..there was none? Toilet doesn't run..did not believe my ears. Then he called his manager and said that we were talking nonsense. I called immediately while the maintenance guy was busy repairing the toilet and hot water???
We were moved to another room, we got a huge suite due to the inconveniences etc. Was nice of them but now we got 1 kingsize bed instead of twins and did not sleep well, suite was also very old, but clean. There was a leaflet in that suite that stated that they fumigate the room once a week due to cockroaches? so if you saw them running in your room, than you could call the reception. Or if you got skin rashes??? Outside in the hall there was much food from room service, old plates and dirty dishes. The next morning and around check out time, it was still standing there. We understood the cockroach problem. Breakfast was so bad! everybody was complaining, a fried egg took 15 minutes and there was a line for a few meters. There were only a few croissants, and new ones took 20 minutes. But everybody wanted these, because the rest was tasteless or finished. The coffee was the worst ever!
4 stars? unbelievable. For this price you can get a real 3-4 star hotel. This was so bad, can not recommend this even it would cost 5 euros.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silka Maytower, Kuala Lumpur is located in central Kuala Lumpur. The hotel is within walking distance to Merdeka Square, KL Tower, Central Market, Chinatown, the Petronas Twin Towers, Lake Garden and Sogo, making it an ideal base accommodation for exploring Malaysia's most popular tourist attractions, historical, modern and natural sights, shopping, street food, fine dining, and local communities. Silka Maytower Hotel & Serviced Residences enjoys easy access to public transportation with the Masjid Jamek LRT Station and Dang Wangi Monorail being just a 5-minute walk away. With 193 rooms and suites, the hotel provides affordable accommodation for families, business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Silka Maytower Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maytower Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Maytower Hotel Kuala Lumpur