Travellers Palm Lodge
$91
LeMeridien.com
$171
$121
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$197
Hotel Istana(Kuala Lumpur)
$96
$75
Agoda.com
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
$82
$64
Furama Bukit Bintang(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
$102
$96
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$149
$110
Travelocity
All reviewsbukit bintangdouble room with ensuite showerfelt like homehome from homenice place to stayrooms are cleanwalking distancewould definitely stay here againevery morningcomfortable staytea and coffeestreet foodperfect locationsuzyhostelkltoilet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Travellers palm is very expensive for what you recieve. One of the staff (suzie) is very helpful, she helped with orientation and some tips for getting around on the cheap. Although there is one member of staff who is extremely paranoid about being "compromised" and seem to have an attitude with the customers. Overall ok, but can get much beeter for your money, as our second bed wasnt even in our room, and it wasnt easy to get it in there with the staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We stayed here for two nights and found it to be one of the more average places we've stayed in the last six weeks. We had to amend our booking on Hostelworld to change room types and despite giving sufficient notice we lost our entire deposit as they deemed it a 'cancellation' even though we didn't change dates or the number of nights we stayed. We weren't very impressed about that - although it was only around 20MYR we played by the Hostelworld rules and they absolutely refused to budge - no goodwill here at all.

I also made use of their washing service (for 15MYR). My washing was delivered to them early in the morning as requested, and at 7pm that night I realised it was still sitting unwashed in the common area. I was then told they forgot to tell me they couldn't do it, so I had to go out in search of a laundromat as I had no clean clothes left. Finding everything closed I returned to be told that they could do it. One hour before I left the next morning I asked for it back, however it was nowhere to be found. Eventually it was located - still sitting in the washing machine soaking wet, where it had been all night. I ended up packing it all in my backpack still slightly wet and was charged the full price for it. NOT impressed.

Bathrooms upstairs were both missing locks and a lightbulb wasn't changed when asked, so one bathroom was out of commission for an entire night because you couldn't see anything in there! Upstairs bathrooms are TINY, and downstairs one is bigger but not very clean.

Breakfast was good, and the location was great - we walked to the Petronas towers easily and it is close to shopping, bars, food and transport. The owner Suzy seems really nice and efficient but unfortunately some other staff aren't quite so on the ball.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Suzzie and her staff are amazing. Location is good, but difficult to find first time. Lots of friendly travellers of all ages called this place home whist we were there. Happy to go back again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I've stayed at this place a few times over the past few years and its always been good so I expect I'll be back there again. The staff are always welcoming and helpful. The rooms are basic and comfortable, the security is good and the location pretty good for getting around the city, handy for the bus station and monorail and generally a good area with plenty of good cheap places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2009

I choose this place on previous reviews and was not disappointed. Andrew n Shaq were very friendly, welcoming, helpful, good to chat to! I thought it was especially nice they made me a little bed when i arrive too early to check in but very tired after a bad nights sleep on the night train! The location is excellent (near shops, sights, embassies) and the hostel is very secure which is great for females travelling alone. The room was clean & basic which was what i wanted, the shower was clean and very powerful. Nice added touch of free tea, coffee and breakfast!! If you are coming to chill i.e. sort visas for other countries and don't want to sped much then this place is ideal as base as the sofa is extremely comfortable!! Good TV as well!! I will be back and recommending to people when they stay in KL. no bed bugs for me and the staff are working hard to make changes/improvements to the hostel

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo