“lovely hostel”

Travellers Palm Lodge
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I really enjoyed my time at travellers palm! Was in an 8 bed dorm which was fine. Basic but with 3 fans and air con, no complaints!
Free WiFi very good!
Showers were nice and kept clean.
Free basic breakfast available just toast and cereal, was great to start the day!
Suzi is lovely and very helpful! I had to leave early the morning of my departure so she insisted on on checkin me out the night before in case she missed me in the morning! This ensureed I got my deposit back! Fantastic!
Only downside is I got bitten to death at night! So recommend some good spray!!
Overall a good stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Well, after many hours in a plane I arrived to this place really tired. I had reservation. The staff was really rude to me, especially when she figured out that I was from latino america. After that she ask me: please don't eat others people food or steal their staff.. The problem seems to be me, because I saw her smiling all the time to other guests.
the place is full of rules and the word FORBIDDEN is everywhere.
There are also children in the hostel that play in your bed when you are not there and mess up your belongings.
For me it wasn't a nice experience, I am aware that its a cheap place, but not always means rude staff and long faces.
definitely I wont come back here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This guesthouse is in a great location near to bars, Julan Alor, the monorail. It's an easy walk to everything worth seeing and the garden is a nice place to rest once you've seen it all.
Susie is friendly and helpful and her daughter is cute - make sure your art skills are up to scratch (my elephants just passed the test!).

The rooms are windowless, like much in KL, and can get musty with all the mosquito spray.
Breakfast is simple but sufficient.

I'd recommend this place, but there are other similar places within 2mins.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

It was our first time in Malaysia and we couldn’t have had a better start than in this guesthouse. The room was nice and big enough to fit two people + luggage. We had no window but it wasn’t bothersome because no window means no mosquitos. You can enjoy the basic, yet good, breakfast in the front yard and meet other people in the meantime.

Suzy, the owner, is very helpful and will provide you with all the info you need about KL or Malaysia. She’s very friendly but you have to play by her rules: no outside guests, take off your shoes and lock the gate and doors. This is all very understandable given that she has a small daughter and her wellbeing is Suzy’s main concern.

If you’re looking for a quaint, centrally located place in KL this is your place. If you’re looking for a party hostel, don’t go here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is a great cheap place close to the shopping area, restaurants and pubs of Bukit bingtang. Suzy is lovely and made me feel very welcome. The homestay is clean, though apart from the outside area,there isn't a place to socialise if it is raining. The bus station is a 10 minute walk and the MRT is 5 minutes away. I slept well here and would recommended it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Travellers Palm is THE place to stay if you want a place that is homely and quiet and close to the centre. Suzie is the superwoman behind the lodge, she ensures that your rooms are clean, comfortable and provides truly helpful information for all your needs. There is a help-yourself-breakfast included in the price (toast/cereal/quick oats) and you can sit out front on a bench amongst the beautiful tall travellers palms that Suzy has grown herself. You really feel away from the hustle and bustle in the private yard and the well-named rooms of 'tranquility' and 'dreams'.

I've stayed here 4 times already and if ever I'm there again, Travellers palm is where I'll stay. I love it here. Suzie and her daughter make the place feel like a home from home and I've met some great new friends from amongst the other guests. I highly recommend this place;- it's simple and charming and homely.

Oh and by the way, If you like Indian food, there is a brilliant restaurant on the corner of Suzie's street- it's SO cheap and SO good!

Room Tip: I've stayed in 3 rooms: The mattresses are good quality, the dorm bunks are comfy and there is a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed in Kuala Lumpur for just under a week at Travellers palm, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a place in the heart of the city. The service was excellent and the staff are very friendly. It was my first time in a mixed dorm and didn't know what to expect but the rooms were clean and tidy, with a/c in the evenings and i was lucky to have nice roommates and the security was great they have lockers big enough for all valuables for example i had my laptop with me. Also a secure gate on the outside that can only be opened by people staying at the hotel. overall a great experience and made my stay in kuala Lumpur a good one.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends