“Fabulous Staff, Fabulous Stay”

Sri Tiara by Far East Hospitality
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is our favourite place for many many years. And tell you what, the amazing response for feedback on further improving the service quality is really superb. I must thank Irene, Safrah, Alfenly and Raj for their superb support and ensuring that our stay was well taken care of. The cleanliness, location, serenity is further enhanced by the friendliness of the staff. To simply state, I feel at home whenever I am at Sri Tiara, KL : R.Gururaj

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank R_Gururaj
Irene K, Manager at Sri Tiara by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Mr Gururaj

It was a great honour and pleasure to serve you during your last visit with us. We are grateful for your feedback in that we can improve our level of services to meet with your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed in the two bedrooms apartment with ours daughters age 5 and 3
Very nice space 10 min walk to the shopping centre and train station.
Very clean, friendly staff.
Strongly recommend it to any party. Lovely ground city location without the city noise.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Cathy790
Irene K, Manager at Sri Tiara by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review of us during your last visit with us at Sri Tiara Kuala Lumpur.
We are glad that your stay was memorable and our services have met your expectations and needs.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Arrived after midnight,security staff booked us in,bam that quick.Fantastic place to stay,with a family.Good sized rooms,full of amenities.Washer,dryer,full sized fridge,microwave and stove.Big LCD TV in a full lounge,with 3seater and 2 single seaters.Comfortable kingsize bed in master suite with full marble ensuite including a full sized bath.It is clean and quite.Nice swimming pool,which we had to ourselves most of the time,as a lot of guests work during the week.Best value for money!We will be staying here each year,can't recommend it enough.Office and security staff are the best,will always help you out ,and do it with a smile.Great effort Sri Tiara!!Thanks,Garry.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank statesman7777
Irene K, Manager at Sri Tiara by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Greetings from Sri Tiara Kuala Lumpur!

We are delighted to know that you had a fantastic stay with us. We are grateful for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the near future.

Thank you.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have visited and stayed at hotels and apartments in Malaysia, predominantly Kuala Lumpur, over a period of 15 years, with 6 trips in the last 12 months, and I can say with absolute certainty, that Sri Tiara Residences is without a doubt the worst place I have ever stayed.

As with all trips that I take, I researched places to stay extensively, reading many reviews dating back at least a couple of years for Sri Tiara Residences. I noticed that some older reviews for the apartments were not that good, but also noticed that the more recent reviews (past 6 months) seemed to be far more positive, so I thought it would be safe to book, (I booked 8 nights via the Agoda website) and that the quality of the apartments would be as per the 4 star advertised.

Additionally, with my partner being in Kuala Lumpur prior to my arrival, she also visited the apartments prior to us booking, to inspect the quality, so I thought all would be ok.
But no!

Upon arrival at the apartment block, all looked good from the exterior, with the reception and downstairs foyer being clean and modern.

We were given the keys to our apartment by the manager on duty, and directed towards the lifts.

Upon entering our apartment, it seemed quite dark, as the sun was going down, but we settled down to getting the children ready for bed, as it was getting late. It was then that I started to notice the poor quality of the apartment, furnishings etc.

The water from the taps was a dirty orange colour, probably from the rust in the pipes, the carpets were filthy with stains, furniture was broken and had been poorly repaired, the beds were so old that the springs popped and made noises when you sat or laid down on the beds, the mattresses had no mattress covers and the sheets were thin, the pillows in the cases were stained, the net curtains on all the windows were dusty and smelly, there was no hot water in the kitchen, mould in shower, holes in the ceiling in the bathroom, rotten woodwork in the toilet, blinds damaged in the bathroom, mould in the kitchen, broken electrical sockets, the furniture in the lounge was stained and threadbare, the apartment below ours was being worked on, and there was building noise all day long (something which the management denied) – The list goes on!

Please see the pictures with this review to show and verify all of the above complaints.

Also, compare the Sri Tiara Residence website and pictures, with those of the apartment which we were allocated - http://www.stayfareast.com/en/serviced-residences/Sri-Tiara-Residences.aspx

Do you think they look the same??

Prior to making the following complaint to the apartment management, I called Agoda to advise them of the problems.

The day after we checked in, I raised all my concerns with the manager on duty, who I showed all of the points of complaint that I have listed above, and he advised me that he would try and find me another apartment.

It was then that I was taken to and offered the ‘show suite’ which they don’t normally rent out – This was the same suite which my partner was shown when she visited to inspect the apartment, and it seems this same suite is what was used for the photographs on the company website.

Yes, the show suite was furnished better, and had all the ornaments etc, but upon inspecting the apartment in detail, it still had some of the same fundamental problems as our current room, so I rejected this as an option to move to. The manager on duty said he would try and find another apartment.

2 hours later the manager on duty contacted me again to offer me another apartment, but before even seeing it, I asked him if it still had the same problems as the previous and current apartment, which he told me it did, so after discussion, we agreed that it was pointless me seeing this second apartment.

At this point, and some 4 hours after making my initial complaint, I contacted Agoda again to advise them that I was going to check out, as the apartments were of poor quality, not as advertised etc, and even though the management had offered alternatives, these were not much better. Agoda advised me that the cancellation policy of the apartments did not offer a refund, as the minimum booking was for the 7 day booking I had.

Despite this, I was not prepared to continue to continue to stay in the apartments, and Agoda asked that I take photos to support my complaint.

I proceeded to book and pay online for a hotel that I had used many time before, and began to pack.

6 hours after my initial complaint, I was just about to check out, when the senior apartment manager turned up, advising me that she had only heard about my complaint 2 hours earlier. She offered me to view another apartment I could move to, but I explained to her that I had already booked and paid for another place to stay, as I could not wait any longer, as it was getting late, and I needed to put children to bed. I did however show her all the problems with the apartment, and greatly appreciated her final, although late effort, but I was already packed and read to move, so I checked out.

Following my trip, I submitted my complaint and photos to Agoda, and the Sri Tiara Apartments, against the booking policy, refunded me 4 nights.

Furthermore, Agoda at their own discretion refunded me a further 2 nights, as they considered the condition of the apartments to be unacceptable.

I would say that the management of the apartments did their best in trying to resolve my complaints, but this was impossible due to the poor condition of the apartments.

If the Sri Tiara owners (The Far East company based in Singapore) had not refunded the money for the 4 nights, and furthermore if Agoda had not decided at their own discretion to refund the additional 2 nights, I would have referred this matter to my solicitor and credit card company to progress the complaint, that is how disappointed I was about being misled, the quality of the apartments etc.

As a final point, I would say that not only are the Sri Tiara Residences not 4 star quality, they are not even 3 star, and at the best 2 star – Stay here at your own peril – You have been warned!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Ibbo1966

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking your time to share your review with us on your last visit in Kuala Lumpur.
First & foremost we wish to apologise for the short and unforgettable experience you have had.

We have taken note of your constructive comments and it is indeed through these feedbacks that we can endeavour to improve our services to a higher level.

We regret for the inconvenience this has caused you on your holiday and we hope to you will provide us an apportunity to welcome you again on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Once again our sincere apologies.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

It was a great holiday and stayed for me and my family. The location is quite convenience as it is near to a shopping mall name Midvalley.The room was extremely spacious than what we expected.The swimming pool is huge and nice. We will definitely back there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest

It has been wonderful to serve you at Sri Tiara and we are happy to know that you have had a great stay with us.

We look forward to your next visit to Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is the 2nd time that I visited KL, the fisrt was just for vacation holiday so I stayed in a hotel. But this last quater of the year I was sent by our company for a 2 months training in KL. They chose Sri Tiara Residences for the rest of our team. The place is very strategically established near to all the places you want to go, Shopping Malls, Grocery Store, Train Station etc.

I highly recommended Sri Tiara its either for family and business...

Room Tip: Get the 3 bedroom Unit if you are travelling with big Family! its exagerated that big! very nice acc...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Irene K, Manager at Sri Tiara by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Mr Yabut

Warm Greetings from Sri Tiara Kuala Lumpur !

It has been a pleasure serving you and your team and we are grateful for your wonderful review
given to us. It is our honour to have your team stay with us.

We look forward to your visit in KL soon and have a great New Year 2013 from us!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

It was a year ago that my family and I stayed 14 nights at Sri Tiara but the impression of the accommodation was so etched in my mind that I have often thought of returning to it on my next KL holiday, and which also prompted me to write this review now.

I found this apartment after searching the web for a 3-bedroom accommodation that was outside of KL city, but near enough to be there without too much trouble. Sri Tiara appeared to fit the bill, and upon arriving, we were not disappointed. We didn't get a good appreciation of the apartment the night we checked it as it was past 1AM and we had been travelling for 12 hours before that and just wanted to get to bed. However, the check-in experience was pleasant and quick with the security staff on duty signing us in and giving us basic instructions.

It was only the next morning that the full extent of the visual impact of the apartment hit us. The view from the master bedroom on the 14th floor was certainly quite impressive. The full length windows over half the bedroom gave us a spectacular view of the surroundings and the Mid Valley Mall across the highway. The other 2 rooms were well decked out, and all the amenities we could ever need in the bathrooms, lounge and kitchen were available.

On those days that we didn't feel motivated to jump into a cab to other parts of KL, we simply walked 15 minutes to the Mid Valley Mall where it was quite possible to spend a whole day leisurely exploring the stores, or catching a movie and eating at the variety of restaurants or what the food courts offer.

What stood out for us too were the friendliness and helpfulness of the security staff. We hardly met any of the property staff, and just about everything we needed or asked for were catered for by them. They were outstanding ambassadors for Sri Tiara, more notable because they were not part of the property team.

Our apartment (and presumably) the rest of the towers would need a freshening up at some point soon, but nevertheless, it was an ideal, comfortable and convenient residence for us, and I have no doubt we'll be back at the next opportunity.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Irene K, Manager at Sri Tiara by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

We thank you for taking your time to share in Trip Advisor on your recent stay in Sri Tiara Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for your compliments on our security service who have done us proud to be our ambassadors to our guests. It is indeed rewarding to know that you have had a pleasant and wonderful time with us and look forward to be of service to you in the future to come.

We take this opportunity to wish you and your family and A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!