“A real surprise”

Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“A real surprise”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Seri Melayu was recommended to my friend and I by the concierge at the Traders Hotel.

The buffet was fantastic although a lot of the food was unfamiliar to us. A tip - get one fo the wait staff to explain the dishes to you.

The performance by the dancers was lovely

Visited October 2012
1 Thank cfq_11

Aboyne, United Kingdom
“Expensive Rubbish”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Arrived shortly after 9pm. A stage show was in progress and the massive dining hall was full. At about 9:30pm the show finished and the restaurant emptied leaving only our and two other tables occupied. Food was a buffet which was pretty well gone when we got there and was not topped up. Kitchen staff started to leave at 9:45 and waiting staff were setting up tables for next day. No one told us we were too late when we arrived.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank raemoirman
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very bad dinner experience , when my Saudi Guest Sun Glasses was missing/stolen during the buffet dinner”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Last Friday 7th sept 2012, I recomended my guests from Saudi who is staying in JW Marriot to hv a malay buffet dinner . I made all the nesessary bookings on thursday and send him to hv thier dinner at the Seri Melayu restorent in Jalan Conlay. The next day the complain to me that somebody took 2 sun glasses valued almost Rm 1,200.00 { one of the glasses they bought in the afternoon at the Pavilion for RM 780.00} whilst they when to have thier refill at the Buffet Bar. As soon as they came back to thier table ( Table No. 20) the sun glasses which was left on the table was missing. They made a complain to the duty manager at that night and he promised to look at the CCTV and will call them the result the next day. But the next day no personnel from the restorent call as promised. I personelly call the restorent and after a few calls and waiting, I was informed that the table no 20 where my guest sat was not covered by the CCTV and all they call say is sorry. For a prestiges restorent that represent Malaysia's traditional value , I think the way the handle this matter was un profesional and to say that the CCTV only covers the entrance in so unethical and very low class restorent. Just imagine u pay for a very expensive dinner but your safety is not protected. To make things worst , the manager did not have the sivic to call and informed my guest personally as promised. Iam a Malaysian and a tour operator, i thing its more safer to dine at the mamak stall along the street then in Seri Melayu. I will not dare to recomment other guest to this restorent anymore.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank alfazmirul
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cockroach Everywhere”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The restaurant is not clean, cockroaches everywhere and dealing in this issue is very bad.
The taste is not good also.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Mohd77
“Extremely Overrated”
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

The show was nice but we did not go for the show but to try the food and it was lousy. Tasteless, horrible and extremely expensive. It was the first and the last for us.

1 Thank CheahDavids