“For tourists”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I can't say that this was an authentic experience. It caters for tourists. I didn't really see locals there when I visited. I asked about their teas and the my waiter could not tell me anything about them. He did not have a clue.

1  Thank EliseHei

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We went for lunch and really enjoyed the food. The cafe is gorgeous and the food was yummy. The waiters are helpfuland the food is good value for money!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The only interesting thing in this place is marketing - such a "hidden ancient chinese cafe". Thus it attracts mostly Westerners, rather than locals or Chinese. That means that food quality leaves much to be desired. Indeed food is very basic, definetely not interesting and not delicious. It is also very far from quality Chinese cooking. My result of visiting this place was food poisoning. Think twice.

1  Thank Alex_JaneRu
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've eaten here a few times over the years. I still enjoy the food, though the portion of rice is rather small. The chicken rendang and pork curries are good. However the prices are slightly higher compared to other places. Upstairs is a tea shop. It's great just to look round the building, see all the photos on the walls etc.

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We went here after the positive reviews on TA. The pros: gorgeous dining room with old pictures on the walls makes for an old-world atmosphere. The cons: the food is ok, but not amazing. The price is higher than for similar meals in town. The blue rice, however, was a highlight. I had visited in a hope to enjoy the tea room. Sadly, it wasn't open, but looked great.