“Best pizza in Malaysia!!!”
Review of Sassorosso

Sassorosso
Ranked #70 of 4,397 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Sassorosso is always a special treat. Every now and then when I crave a special meal / evening or a magnificant pizza I head off to Sasorosso.

The setting is lovely - very elegant inside and a special and romantic area outside.

The food never disappoints. The pizza is definately the best value for money pizza in Malaysia - for the same price as a mediocre pizza from a fast food chain you can have a freshly made pizza with fresh ingredients that is twice the size as your fastfood chain creation. The best it that it is served in elegant surroundings with very friendly, polite and helpfull staff on a plate that is amazing and keeps the pizza warm till the last slice! - perfect!!

The other menu items are not cheap, but then again you get wonderful creations (the menu changes frequetly) such as steak tartare, guinea fowl, and others and very nicely prepared and served.

The bread basket offered on the side is it itself worth going there for - it is simply delicious and freshly made.

The last time I went back the chicken liver pate starter was no longer on the menu - what a pity as it was just amazing! However there were new items which made it difficult to choose.

I can just rant on and on about the wonderfull food and the place, but the fact that I go there every now and then for a special meal probably says it all.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Location and atmosphere are good and great views of the twin towers from the garden. Started with Gin and Tonics which were horrible - tonic completely flat and tasteless. Caesar Salad had almost not dressing and soggy croutons. I ordered calves liver for main course medium rare and it arrived completely cooked to death and I could not eat it. This was replaced by a lasagne (what I hoped would be a quick alternative as my partner was already eating) - my local supermarket does a much better one off the shelf. We had mango 'sorbets' to finish but it was not a sorbet, more like an ice cream. Service was lackadaisical and hard to get anyone's attention. Will not be going back in a hurry!

3  Thank mmcgow
Reviewed April 30, 2012

It's been a while since we ate at this fine restaurant. A short visit to KL in november last year. I promised to write a review. Bit late. But what a treat this was. I had never tasted a mozzarella so wonderful. We had a table outside in the garden with a beautiful view on the Petronas Towers. Great wines. I advise you to go - you will not regret it. Make a reservation.

1  Thank barts020
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Sassorosso is simplicity at its best.

Nestled within a bungalow house, this Italian restaurant offers a dinning experience within the city, and at the same time, away from the noise and madness the city is known for. The setup of the restaurant is chic, clean and with a lot of glass walls that gave in lots of natural sunlight.

This is definitely a place for couples in search of romance, or to reignite one.

The selections in the menu were reasonably good, for both food and wine.

For lunch, my colleague and I had the wild mushroom risotto, Sri Lanka live crab meat penne, traditional lentil soup and pumpkin soup. The Sri Lanka live crab penne is a must-try, as it was delicious at its best! And the lentil soup was hearty, tasty and a good start to a meal. Including coffee and bottled water, our bill was just below RM200.00.

The wine cellar holds some amazing 'Super-Tuscan' wines, from Sassicaia to Ornellaia. For those who are looking for something friendlier to the pocket, Sassorosso has mostly Italian wines that are not only price-friendly, they simply couldn't be found anywhere else in KL!

Parking was the only problem, as we had to park our cars along the roadside. During the day, we were at risk of a booking. And of course, when it rains, you will need an umbrella to keep your evening dress dry.

I will definitely be back. This time, I will be dining and wining with my wife instead.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

For the price you pay its not a very top notch italian restaurant.

1  Thank Victoria G