“Disappointing Ramadhan buffet”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Kuala Lumpur
“Disappointing Ramadhan buffet”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've heard so much about this place but never make an effort to go until last Saturday & I was so disappointed! The service was horrible, hardly any available waiters/ waitress at the lounge area, flies on tables, food quality & varieties are limited for the price of MYR75nett/ person (without the traditional dance show). If you wanted to watch the dance show, you need to pay additional MYR20/ person (if I'm not mistaken) & to be honest, you can easily watch this show from the glass window or even walk in & out the theatre any time as some of the food were displayed inside!

The food were displayed at the lounge (outside the theatre) & some main dishes, appetizer, dessert & drinks were inside the theatre which is very poorly organized! We had to walk in & out & this definitely annoyed those who're seated inside near the door when they're watching the dance show!

I was told it's meant to be 1 of Malaysia's famous restaurant among tourist that caters Malay, Chinese, Indian & International cuisine but we're disappointed they don't even have Nasi Lemak, Curry Rendang Beef/ Chicken & there's no Chinese, Indian nor International cuisine being served but they do have a small varieties of Iranian food.

A friend who has been to Restaurant Seri Melayu said food there was ten times better than in Saloma but sadly the place has been closed down since June 2013. I certainly hope the Chief Chef of Saloma Restaurant will do something about the menu, food quality & cleaniness of the place as I believe this restaurant has a very good potential to promote our local food amongst tourists!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank msbel2012

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Kangra, India
“Local dance show”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

A spacious restaurant with a big hall for cultural shows. Every evening they present local folk dances with excellent dinner. Must visit place.

Visited June 2013
Whyalla, Australia
“Worth going to (especially if you have children)”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went here as part of a night tour. The buffet food was very good with a moderate amount of choices. The traditional dancing was entertaining. They include the diners and get some up on stage to do the dancing... our 2 daughters were taken up on stage and I would say its the most I have seen them smile all trip and they were still talking about it when we got home.

• Visited July 2013
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & entertainment”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

In June 2013 I & my family went to Saloma Bistro in Kuala Lumpur.
We enjoyed the food served & the entertainment were entertaining too.
My kids, aged 10 & 13 enjoyed too,

Though they served local food, but the taste are fantastic.
Will definitely come back!

• Visited June 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Salomas - a most pleasant experience”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I took a group of 14 US Graduate students there last week. Although I had lived in KL for a number of years in the mid 80s and visited there quite often since then, this was my first experience. I would have to say that I was MOST impressed with variety and quality of food in terms value for money. Nice choice of Malay, Chinese and Indian dishes, great atmosphere and quantity excellent.

The show was good but not outstanding overall. The commentator was very amusing and did a nice job of explaining some of the basic cultures, but the quality of the dancing was so-so. The chance for the audience to participate was a great idea and well received.

By way of constructive criticism, we made a booking for 6.30 and that was accepted. I made sure that the students were all there in plenty of time. The restaurant does not open until 7.00 and the show does not start until a couple of hours later so I would suggest that this explained to clients. But overall, I would definitely recommend this experience to those new to Malaysia.

• Visited May 2013