“One of the worst Indian food i ever had”
Review of Spice of India

Spice of India
Ranked #3,143 of 4,280 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Indulge your senses with an authentic Indian culinary cuisine at Spice of India. We are located on the 4th floor of Suria KLCC Mall. Our restaurant at Suria KLCC can cater for private intimate gatherings as well as large corporate functions catering to the corporate offices located in the KL Golden Triangle.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am normally not a negative rating person, but at my recent visit to KL me and my husband went to this "FINE DINING" restaurant at least thats what they mention on their website about the place. The worst service i have ever recieved it was more like I am in a college canteen where I am greeted and served by all the college stduents. The girl at the reception kept staring at us while we eat, the guy who brought our Kebab's on asking you dont serve with sauce replied very casually "Sir wo na chutney khatam ho gayi h". And don't even get me started on taste of the food. This was my first and last visit to the place. For this lousy service and terrible food they do charge you a lot..

2  Thank Ankitachaturvedi
There are newer reviews for Spice of India

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very slow and bad service. The seating was pretty dirty as there sofas were literally ripped and the food was also good although, it was Overpriced comparing it to the quality of the food.
I would not recommend this to anyone at all and try to avoid this restaurant. We asked for 4 glasses of water but we only got 1. After this we asked them twice but they still didn't give the glass. We finally got it after asking for the glasses for 4 times.

2  Thank Kunika11
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Visited this restaurant in The gardens, mid valley city. The atmosphere is very good. The food was north indian, tasty and good. It is very costly compared to other authentic nort indian food. Service was very good and very helpful manager name Vivek.....He was so proffesional and well manerd guy.. they way he talks its impressive. i am from italy just cam for visit with my family

1  Thank Datin A
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Food quality was pathetic and service was worst ever had !! And very highly priced to top it all !! avoid.

2  Thank CaptApurv
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I am shocked and in complete disbelief that how can anyone go wrong in dal tadka and jeera aloo. Absolutely tasteless ,,and to top it all my wife nearly chipped her tooth due to a stone / chipped piece of a plate that was discovered in the food and the brilliant part is when the waiter wanted to pass that as curry leaves.Spoke to their so called head chef mr. Lal who was apologetic . I think this place needs to shut down,,,hope the lack authorities look into their hygiene standards .

Ravi Modi - Bombay

1  Thank Ravimodi
SOIAdmin, Marketing Consultant at Spice of India, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Mr. Ravi Modi,

Thank you for taking your precious time to write about your experience in our restaurant.
First and foremost, we are truly sorry to give you such unpleasant experience.
We have investigated the matter and managed to figure out that a small stone was being overlooked by our chef during the vegetables cleaning process. We will take your advice seriously to pay more attention into our hygiene and food standards.

Thank you.