“Terrible Food. Overpriced. Made me ill.”
Review of Spice of India

Spice of India
Ranked #3,100 of 4,221 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Indulge your senses with an authentic Indian culinary cuisine at Spice of India. We are located on the 4th floor of Suria KLCC Mall. Our restaurant at Suria KLCC can cater for private intimate gatherings as well as large corporate functions catering to the corporate offices located in the KL Golden Triangle.
New York City, New York
“Terrible Food. Overpriced. Made me ill.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This place looks pleasant enough, on the top floor of the Suria KLCC mall, it is surrounded by lots of very high-quality restaurants. When I went to visit it was empty. It was only later I realised why.

The food here is absolutely terrible. Truly the worst Indian food I have ever tasted. The starters smelled funny, and were dripping with chopped chilli peppers. But they weren't fresh ones. That was obvious.

The mains we ordered (meat and veg dishes) were full of food colouring and tasted bland. I'm not sure which part of India this food is supposed to be from. No part I've ever heard about.

The prices are ridiculous - 80-100 MYR per head. And that comes with a free gift of vomiting and diarrhoea!

AVOID this place. Head to the food court on the floor below. There are dozens of options there and you will get a better meal at a cheaper price.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Zillimeter

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
“Horrific! RIP-OFF!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was there for lunch with my husband on my first day in K.L. I ordered a prawn briyani and was stunned when I received some coloured rice with some pieces of prawns which were dripping with sauce from ANOTHER COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DISH (probably for another customer). My husband ordered a veg curry which didnt' look fresh and very oily. We spent like 60 riggit for one starter (rasam - not great either) and one main course each. It was our first day in K.L and we were so put off by such pathetic service delivery. How CAN SUCH PLACES WHICH RIP PEOPLE OFF BLATANTLY continue to exist????????????? DO NOT GO THERE! There are wayy too many million times better cheap south indian eateries like Saravana Bhavan or Sangeetha in K.L where one can eat an excellent tasty delicious dish for less than 10 ringgit.

4 Thank Nutella_226
Brisbane, Australia
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We went there for lunch, ordered prawn curry and their signature? chilli crab. The Prawn curry came out quickly with a total of 3 prawns, otherwise tasty. The chilli crab was left off the order after chasing a couple of times, another 30minutes later it arrived and there was absolutely no crab meat, all shell in a lot of sauce.
They dismissed our account and we left one man Hungary.

4 Thank 673lynda18
“Good service and great food.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I really enjoyed the meal I had and the onion basis were excellent. The service was good and the waitress was helpful.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“food i taste”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

the food taste is good
the services is good
the place is clean
the varieties of food
capati is soft
mutton gravy is best one

Visited March 2012