“Quality Lebanese Quisine”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I would have done better to have visited this restaurant with a group of diners rather than solamente. That is not to say that there was anything remiss on Al Amar's part; far from it both the food and service were considerably better than average.

These days I err toward a vegetarian diet and so it was on this occasion; my meal consisted of hummus beiruti, labneh bel toum, tabouleh and bread with a glass of cold beer to freshen the palate. All was very good and appetizing; bags of flavour in every mouthful.

Service was at least adequate although language was nearly an issue once or twice.

I'm really looking forward to visiting again and dining with others.

There are newer reviews for Al-Amar

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I found this place by chance. I was drawn to it by its decor and that I had never been to a Lebanese restaurant before. I was dining alone and the place was very smart and I was very casual. None the less, I was given a warm greeting and asked where I wanted to sit. The waitress that served me was very polite and her English was impeccable. I ordered one beer which was very punctual and came with some bagel shaped flatbreads ad dips. I can only assume these are an appetiser that's normally found on these kind of places. I ordered Chich Tawouk, which came as it was, kebabed chicken and not much else apart from a couple of pieces of onion as pepper, the waitress told be it came alone so I ordered some fries and a salad aswell. Thinking it would be a few fries and a tiny amount of salad which seems to be the norm over here. It was a full bowl of salad with a delightful vingarette dressing and tortilla like chips on top. And the fries were enough for two. The food was very quick and as delicious as it was fast. The Chich Tawouk was perfectly cooked and came with some seasoned roti-like bread. All in all the food was a true delight. I could of done with either the fries or salad if I'm honest as there was so much food. There was live themed music while I was in there. I couldnt tell you the style but it was Arabian-ish.

The meal and beer came to RM113 which works out to about £23 in my money which I was fine with. It was a high level of dining and the food was incredible. Maybe a bit more than people would expect to pay in south east Asia but £23 for a meal is nothing when you live in the UK. I would go again if I came back to KL.

Jack.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

While the service was good the meat dishes were overcooked and very dry, one a chicken dish the other a prawn dish. Prawn overcooked and dry is a dish that is not enjoyable and should not happen.

The cold drinks were served at room temperature - the room was warm.

On a plus side, the hummus was very good, the only aspect of the meal that was enjoyable.

The restaurant was busy, hopefully other diners were having a more pleasant experience.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The food is alright. Nothing special but good average Lebanese. What is unacceptable is the service. I asked for a shisha, after half an hour it did not came and I asked for the bill. No excuses no apologies. Not acceptable at all.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed int he Piccolo Hotel KL and Al Amar Express on Bukit Bintang was right next door. Infact the hotel has an arrangment with Al Amar for hotel guest breakfast. The food is amazing. We tried the Hummus Pita bread, the Falafel, Chicken Shawarma and on the chef's recommendation we tried the Lebanese Pizza. It was amazing. I love the place is made big glass windows so you can back relax sip a beer and while your family shops or in the evening watch the crowd just walking. I loved the food and would def recommend to every one who is visiting Kuala Lumpur.

1  Thank Bhavin S