“Fresh, simply Lebanese”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Fresh ingredients, good portions, and a great setting make Al Amar one of our go-to haunts in KL. It is a bit pricey for Malaysia, but if you want a solid, safe meal you can't do much better. It is one of those restaurants where it is hard to stop eating; you just wanna keep eating for taste.

The shwarmas are excellent, the shish tawouk is simple but always perfect. I can also recommend the lentil soup, the hommos bel loumeh, and the labneh. They bake their pitas fresh around the clock!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Cozy upscale restaurant. We were lucky as we came on a saturday and they had some belly dancers gyrating on the floor. I love the freshly-baked-awesome-smelling breads which they will replenish every time they spot that your plate's empty! Hommous was yummy, but the labneh was a little too sour for my taste. The mixed shawarma platter was a very generous serving; huge platter where all 3 of us finished it off together. Will definitely come back again.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

May be a bit pricy for the type of food,but quality and presentation were great.
Service ok,decor poor,my leather sofa had two large holes.
I went to the one in The Pavillion
I will go back

2  Thank honestentity
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love this restaurant. They serve excellent lebanese food. They have a lovely ambience and service is generally good.

I usually eat ala-carte here and you must book a table in advance just to be safe. The fact that they close late is a huge bonus point for me.

The Hommus Beiruti is now my fav. My friends and I usually order the standard mixed grill as well. I would highly recommend this place. Some saturdays they have belly dancing which is great fun!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Excellent Lebanese food. They have a buffet too, but we opted for the a la carte. The Tabbouleh, grilled haloumi and lebanese breads were fantastic.

Strongly recommended. Book a table in advance if you are going over the weekend.