“Very good restaurant for lunch and dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles

twenty-one kitchen+bar
Ranked #275 of 3,998 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Bar, European, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Very good restaurant for lunch and dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Have been to this place many times now (mostly for lunch) and I have tried many of the dishes. So far I have enjoyed every meal. The atmosphere is relaxed and interior modern. Prices for lunch are very good (fair at night) and the service is also ok.

Would definitely recommend this place.

Visited November 2013

“Going Downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

For years Twenty One have had the best lunch deal in town. Unfortunately the last couple of months, the portions have been getting consistently smaller and smaller to a point where a fish burger now is mostly potatoes, burger bun and a few tiny dry bits of fish. For RM 20 that is no longer a good deal. I told the manager that it wasn't good any longer, but that didn't seem to concern him much. Anyway, I'm sure the owners have ordered cost cutting at the obvious expense of the loyal customers.

2 Thank lbthomsen
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, needs a better premises”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Came here with my girlfriend, some strong culinary skills in the kitchen. A tough location to be serving what is effectively fine dining cuisine along a popular drinking street.

Started with leek and potato soup, asparagus wrapped in bacon (beef), and garlic bread. Topped off with three cheese pasta and rack of lamb chops (special). All cooked well, pasta in particular was delicious.

Wine was fine and cocktails were decent too. Service was friendly and generally helpful although sometimes the eyes were staring at the floor rather than scanning the room.

I feel like we should've enjoyed this more but I think eating on a Friday night - people walking in and out from the upstairs club and a mixture of three different songs attacking your drums doesn't help contribute positively to the dining experience.

There were a lot of nice little touches to the place, some of the wording on the menu is adorable, and I applaud the attempted fusion of bar and club atmosphere with good quality grub but I think it falls wide off the mark as there's just too much exposure on the club side of things.

I would go back here but on a weekday evening where you'd maybe get the chance for a more intimate meal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Simply awesome food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were there on a sunday evening. Despite the quietness we had a very pleasant evening. There were only a couple of occupied table downstairs, and we got very attentive and friendly service. Food was just so tasty and prepared with great care, with no compromise in ingredient. However I must say that I didn't get to taste much of their drinks as we only had some loose and bottled drinks. Our first visit is for a celebration but i'm sure that we will think of it for casual drink and dinner from now on every time we are near changkat! ;)

• Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Chic Place to Drink at”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was here one evening to have a drink and I loved the dark, quiet ambience. There was a promotion happening and beer was going at only RM10 each! The bartenders were nice and friendly and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a chill night.

Visited September 2013