“City Centre Convenience with Back Street Privacy”
Review of ANSA Kuala Lumpur

ANSA Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #66 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The main entrance is well hidden in the middle of an alley that leads to a cozy back street of the city while the side entrance is quietly situated several steps inside a busy walkway.

Yet, the hotel is easily accessible by walking from many shopping malls and food districts. From the map, I saw that it's a shopper's haven with Sungei Wang Plaza, Lot 10 Mall, Fahrenheit 88 Mall and the Pavilion, all within walking distance. These are the 4 main mall I visited on my short stay of 2 days.

Food is also in abundance with varieties that will drive indecisive nuts like me wild. Everything looks good from Food courts offering local food to fancy restaurants in the high-end shopping malls to middle eastern eateries lining the main street as well as food streets that offers cheap and heavenly asia 'exotic' cuisines. You only need to drop your luggage in the room, pick up your wallet and head out to explore.

The Piccolo Hotel staff are courteous and efficient and I have to give my praises to the security team of the hotel for coming up to my room immediately when I inform them that the safe is not working. Several round of checks to determine to problem and they had it diagnosed and have the whole safe replaced in less than half an hour.

The room I stayed is the standard room, which is cozy enough for my wife and I. We're not in the room the whole day and is back only to rest the night for the 2 nights we're there. We did made a request to change to a king bed unit but was told its all occupied and we have to settle with pushing our two twin beds together but its still comfortable and fun to snug in after a tired day of walking.

I'll say that this hotel is more of a lover's hotel because of its’ open concept smaller rooms. The toilet and the bathroom are separated but there are no locks to the frosted glass doors. It might be quite awkward if you are staying with common friends or colleagues and have to watch them walking about during personal hygiene time. For couples, it sort of adds to the romance.

The only down side will be getting a room that is facing the carpark of Lot 10 Mall. You can't open the curtain when you're inside. The carpark is near enough for you to toss a stone and hit any car parking there. You don't even need to throw the stone with effort.

In all ... I thoroughly enjoyed the stay and will definitely come back again the next time to try out the bigger rooms and hopefully, a street facing room.

Room Tip: For couples like me who goes out early in the morning and come back only in the night, the small roo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yeokeh
Dianne T, General Manager at ANSA Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Yeokeh,

Thank you for sharing a wonderful review about your stay. It gives us immense pleasure to learn when our guests have great stay experiences with us.

We are delighted to know that your stay went smoothly and that you were pleased with the room accommodation and services rendered.

I will definitely share your appreciation with our team and am sure they will feel very appreciative on your kind remarks! We are thrilled that you will choose Piccolo Hotel to be a couple hotel in Kuala Lumpur.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Very conveniently located near Fahrenheit and Pavilion Mall.
Rooms are quite spacious, with a unique open concept washroom layout (we do have privacy with toilet and shower stall separated). Big LCD TV included.

The parking lots are limited though.

Opposite the side entrance there is a restaurant catering for Arabian food - very tasty!
Also within walking distance to Lot 10 food court, with many options for food choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear wlc18,

Thank you for the continued choice of your hotel in KL and we look forward to welcoming you and your partner to Piccolo Hotel soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Was there in August 2013 with a friend. The room is surprisingly nice and the layout is special. Overall, it is a cosy boutique hotel. Advantage that the toilet and shower area are separated. We were given twin bed but the bed was big and comfy enough. It's walking distance to nearby train station though we took the taxi to and fro the airport. One thing is there is only one hook in the shower area to hang your clothes and so me and my friend used the hanger from the closet to hang our stuff.

The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear K C Casey L,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted that your overall experience was to your satisfaction. We will take note on the hook in the bathroom.

Thank you for the continued choice of your hotel in KL and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends to Piccolo Hotel soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here two night in december and I was very impressed!! It is in the shopping area of Bukit Bintang. Large and clean rooms with king-size beds. Large LCD-tv with international channels. I will absolutely come back next time in Kuala Lumpur!! Great Staff!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear 1globetrotterSweden,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive comments and are delighted that your overall experience was to your satisfaction. We will be sure to share with the hotel staff on your kind words.

Thank you for the continued choice of your hotel in KL and we look forward to welcoming you to Piccolo Hotel soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Location and room is good but when you cant sleep, what is the point?? They failed to tell me that they ran out of non smoking rooms when I checked in. I imagine they were hoping I wouldnt notice. Very poor form. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone on this basis.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear chbchb,

Thank you for your review.
First & foremost, please accept my sincerest apologies with regards to your room. During this time, the request of non-smoking rooms has all been taken up due to hotel running full house.
We hope this has not dampened your stay with us in future.
Thank you again for sharing with us.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is our second time staying on this property. It was selected due to the location and proximity to shopping malls such as Pavilion, Fahrenheit 88, Lot 10, etc. It feels safe walking around the premise and the security level at hotel is good, although we go by the side entrance. It could be slightly noisy due as it is near the road and clubs. The service are prompt when we encountered issue with the safety box and bathtub. The room we stayed on was the family suite and it is recommended vs the deluxe room. Room layout is more regular. Our favourite place.

Room Tip: Room away from the road is more quiet although may be facing a multi storey car park.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear MiddyMe,

Thank you for sharing your review. It was a pleasure welcoming you and your family back to the hotel. We thank you for noticing our Security level is good and happy to hear your family enjoyed our Suite room.

We sure hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you all back for the 3rd time, soon.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I went to KL about 3 months ago, I forgot to write the review and now I'll start telling my experience at this hotel. I stayed at Piccolo Hotel for 3D2N, I went for vacation with my family. I booked the room with 2 single beds for 4 people. I'm feeling happy when I was stepped at this hotel for the first time because the main lobby was smells good and I like it. Securities helped us to carry our suitcases. They served us very good and very fast! Not forget to mention too, the wifi connection is very fast too! You can use the intenet in your room all day long so you won't get bored when you already in your room. In the room, they have 2 bathrooms which is the shower room and toilet are separated. Location is pretty good, in the middle of shopping center in Bukit Bintang. You can turn left to get Lot10 Shopping Center, they have Zara and H&M if you like that kind of brand. You can turn right and you will get SO MANY retail stores such as The Body Shop, SEPHORA, Vincci, Uniqlo, and not far from them there is Pavilion KL which is you can find everything good there. Definitely will come back to KL and stay in Piccolo Hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Widyalarasati,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience with others! I'm so pleased that our service exceeded your expectations and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel in the very near future!