“Its really convenient if your trip to KL is just for shopping and eating.”
Review of ANSA Kuala Lumpur

ANSA Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #67 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3days 2nights. We booked 4 rooms for 7 of us. The staff could not assign all the rooms on the same level as they claimed that they were fully booked. Neither could they accept our request for connecting room for the next day. We were told to come back the following day to check for availability.

While check in was a breeze, service was harried and without smiles. The same goes for check out. Piccolo was picked because of its location. Its really convenient if your trip to KL is just for shopping and eating. We basically walked to everywhere.

The rooms were clean and nicely furnished. Only the shower area showed sign of wear and tear.

Other than the poor reception service, we were happy with this hotel, for its location and rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
PIC101, Director of Sales at ANSA Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for the review.
Your comments and suggestion raised are both extremely valuable and necessary in our efforts to improve our service standards and anticipating guests’ needs and expectation.
May we take this opportunity to thank you again for choosing Piccolo Hotel, and we look forward to welcome you, your family & friends back to Piccolo Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for your next holiday.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A centrally located hotel amongst great shops and eating places. My room was adequately sized with separate shower and toilet. Air-conditioning easy to adjusted and quiet. Check that you have the right count of manchester. Upon check-in, the room was short two hand towels and a bath mat. After replacing them the next day, the room then had one hand towel short after the next room keeping session. A room brochure warned that you may be charged for missing towels. I explained the situation to the operator and was assured that I would not be charged for any missing towels. Anyway, the towels were fraying at the edges, hardly an enviable souvenir.

Unfortunately upon check-out, I was charged for a mysterious phone call supposedly made on the day of check-in, that I did not make, for arranging for an airport limo!! It was incongruous as I had no reason to go to the airport but was on my way to catch the land coach service to Singapore. I expressed my concern to the desk clerk that either the room security was compromised or there has been a phone system software glitch. As I had to dash off to catch the coach, I paid for the mysterious call and left it for the staff to notify me by email of the result of their investigation. Still waiting. An unfortunate end to a great stay in Room 1019. Watch the phone charges.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the front, with a window view of the city in the direction of the Petronas Tower...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Good location between the main shopping and restaurants. Little bit noisy at night due to the middle eastern restaurant downstairs. Rooms are big and clean but the lobby restaurant didn't seem open. Breakfast was in a separate restaurant outside the front of the hotel. If you want a bit of luxury, head to the Grand Millennium which is 100m away,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matty_James

Thank you for the review.
Please accept our sincere apologies with regards to the unavailability of in-house breakfast as the outlet at the hotel is tenanted out, the tenant does not served breakfast.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location - 5 minutes to Pavillion shopping 2 minutes from Lot 10 eating. Nice room. However Next room guests came in after 12 midnight and slammed door loud talking. Complained to the desk, sent up security twice to no avail. Offered a change of room to another floor at 1am. My 1 night stay in the lovely hotel was ruined. The moral of the story u can choose your hotel but not your fellow guests.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank AussieC88
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very good hotel,rooms are very nice..but nothing to view out the window, staff are helpful, very professional, maintenance team quick to respond, very secure with security guard 24hrs in the lobby. situated behind LOT10 shopping mall, smack in the middle of the city. visitors should spend time in the Japanese massage and spa located in the hotel. the fish foot massage is highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RozwandiMohamad
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

It is the worst hotel in the world, when you check out, they take bribes and they find good excuses, they charged me 600 RM because they said i have broken the fiber of the bed. They are not cleaning the room, very bad reception. Place is opposite to pavilion where is highest price of products are there, everything is bad there please don't waste money in this hotel, we asked for extra bed they dont have it

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Bashtiwan
PIC101, General Manager at ANSA Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your review, however we would like to clarify that the RM600 you were requested to pay for the broken bed divan which you have acknowledge and agree to pay upon check out.

The policy of the hotel is that all charges are made in receipt and bribery is unacceptable.

We would like to clarify that we have extra bed but it was not requested and however, during our daily housekeeping services, we found that both mattresses was placed on the floor, instead.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am a guest right now and would not stay here again. The desk staff (who to date have all been men) ignore me when I approach the front desk and when they finally do acknowledge me it's almost as if I am wasting their time. When we arrived our 18 month daughter was asleep and when the porter bought our bags in we explained that we had the lights off so as not to disturb her, but he proceeded to make as much noise as possible delivering our bags. Then another porter shows up with a basket of drinks, which my husband accepts but then the porter tells him he wants the basket back now. It turns out this is the mini bar and we've already been charged for it even though we didn't ask for it. There is no room service and although there is a restaurant downstairs you cannot charge it back to your room. The bed is like sleeping on concrete, I am sleeping on the couch. You can hear everyone in the hallway and all the noise from the street. And the lift door closes so quickly that I was almost crushed whilst carrying my daughter. Basically it's a whole bunch of little things that add up to be really annoying. I can't believe this place could ever win an award but apparently it has. I will not tripadvisor in future hotel selections.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family