“Cosy Venue, friendly staff, shame about the food”
Review of Las Carretas

Las Carretas
Order Online
Ranked #919 of 5,710 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

We returned to Las Carretas last Feb after it went off our dining radar for a few years. We had enjoyed quite a number of dinners there with friends and family back then. The service was friendly as always. Alas, we found the food quite disappointing; everything our party of four ordered. Perhaps because it was a Sunday of a long weekend. (We were, in fact, the only diners) I would like to think so.

Date of visit: February 2019
Write a reviewReviews (71)

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

It was one of my most memorable birthday party ever! The food was superb! The price was very reasonable! The environment was so cosy! The staffs and management were so friendly and helpful in helping us to choose our dishes, since we were not so familiar with Mexican dishes. They even sang and celebrated my birthday, and allowed me to play the guitar as well! Such a fun moment. Will definitely visit the place one of these days! A total satisfaction for the belly and mind!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here with pax of 7.

The food we ordered are delicious. Habanero, fajitas, tortillas, fresh oysters, nachos, prawn spaghetti.

Service - good.

Definitely coming back again.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank SueSSHi
Reviewed January 1, 2018

I just had a wonderful time eating a Mexican food at this place. The staff are really friendly and attentive to what we want. the food was served hot and everything tasted great! I just loooveee how big the portion of the meal I was having. I also love the fact that they also serve non-alcoholic margaritas, as they replace the alcohol with some fruit juice. Still tasted refreshing nevertheless. I'd surely recommend this place to my family and friends and come back at this place again!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

Had a major meat craving and decided to visit this place since my partner and I have heard about it being good multiple times. The service was good and waiters served us with grace and were attentive. We ordered fajitas and a lamb shank. I was too excited and had high expectations for the lamb shank. To my disappointment, the lamb shank was so blend and I had to add salsa and pepper to it. However, the fajitas were so good! The chicken and beef were very well marinated and it went so well with the generous amount of sour cream and grated cheese with tortilla (still salivating thinking about it). I Guess their Mexican food is worth the money. I'm sure they could improve the lamb by marinating it longer and cooking it longer till the flesh would fall off the bone. Will definitely visit again if I have Mexican food cravings.

Date of visit: December 2017