“Still my favourite Mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Las Carretas

Las Carretas
Ranked #915 of 4,043 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Still my favourite Mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have been here many, many times and can never tire of the food. I love everything that I've had here - from the fajitas to the enchiladas, burritos and chimichangas. If you are a fan of margaritas, be sure to order a pitcher. Very nicely prepared and you can definitely taste the alcohol :-)

• Visited May 2012

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Always consistently friendly service - the team will always ask, in a sincere manner how your food is. They take their product seriously and it is reflected in their food. It's an extensive menu with plenty of great options. I had the potato skins with a South American lamb stew which was delicious followed by the Quesadillas with beef, another good dish. It's a friendly and cosy atmosphere - the team sang 'Happy birthday' for a guest, all with an acoustic guitar accompaniment. Impressive.

• Visited March 2013
Suva, Fiji
“Great service, yummy food & good drinks menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Returned to this restaurant (USJ outlet) tonight after first visiting a few weeks ago. Last time I ordered the mixed fajitas which were great, this time I had the smoked beef brisket. The beef brisket whilst perhaps missing some of the smokiness I expected, was still full of flavor and very tender and juicy, so I really can't complain. Each time I've been I've drunk the virgin Pina Colada which is just devine. My husband was impressed with the beer menu - this restaurant is the only one in KL where we have found Weihenstephaner beer. We had our young daughter with us who was well looked after by the staff, and the kids menu had some good options. The best thing about this restaurant is the staff - they are very friendly and attentive - we will definetely be back.

• Visited March 2013
“A bit disappointing for food that taste good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

It was an outing with my husband since both of us enjoy good food. we went to the subang outlet. our order was the fried calamari with two fantastic dipping sauces. it tasted so good it was not oily. for our mains we had the chicken fajita & the spicy lamb stew with rice. both taste good but the portion size was a disapointment. for the price paid other was not worth even if it tasted good.on top of that they charged extra for every additional tortillias requested. Chilis has never charged extra whenever we have fajitas so this was a let down here. lastly dessert was let down. we had the mexican fried ice cream. the outer pastry tasted oily & the oil was reused only God knows how many times. a let down size the starter was good earlier. the drinks were nothing to shout about. the pina colada taste as if it was mixed with water-i'm suspecting now. my husband was upset with his mojito. be warned they serve u only mineral water. a small bottle is rm3.50 & the big one is rm9.00. our total bill was rm170.00 which i felt it was not worth. service was bad. we were not even offered a good seat by the staff on top of that we brought our 8 month old son with his stroller. they were not crowded yet to get ur request done you got to repeat to their waiter more than once. they even come before u eat & ask you how is the food. weird right????

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Closest Mexcian you can get.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

They make nice vegetarian food and portion are good. Its a little complicated to find the place. The food quality is good and we went there for lunch on a working day all liked the food.

Visited December 2012