“Not bad, great environment as well”
Review of La Risata - Ampang

La Risata - Ampang
Ranked #287 of 4,226 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: La Risata, meaning “the laughter” are two lively trattorias tucked away in the suburban areas of Ampang & Damansara. The unassuming décor & informal dining has won over diners from all around the neighbourhood for over 14 years. We are well known for our good variety of Italian dishes ranging from traditional wood-fired oven thin & crispy pizzas to pastas that exudes the very essence of Italian dining – rustic, hearty and good.Private dining area is also available for group parties.For more information on corporate or group parties, please contact visit our website.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Not bad, great environment as well”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I remember the flourless molten chocolate cake with ice cream was amazing! As for the antipasti and the main course, they were good as well. Very friendly service.

• Visited June 2012

Beijing, China
“Decent pizza at a good price”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My wife and I ate at La Risata after passing this restaurant for the past few months. We were not disappointed. We ordered a couple of pizzas, bruschetta and wine. The service was good with food coming promptly. They had a nice drink list and reasonably priced wines and beers (at least for Malaysia).

I had a lamb chorizo pizza. These pizzas are about 12 inches and super thin crust. In fact, the crust was so thin that it almost disintegrated when cut. Not the type for those who like to use their fingers. The toppings and flavor were pretty good. My wife's pizza with anchovies and basil was also good. She thought it could have used more basil.

I think that La Risata is a good place to take the family for pizza and drinks. It was good but not the type of place for a special date. Its more of the neighborhood pizza joint.

• Visited May 2012
Hermanus, South Africa
“Laid back Italian for lunch in Ampang”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This restaurant is casual with a contemporary Italian feel, wine bottles face brick walls and waiters in red aprons. The food was great I selected a mushroom risotto, my friend a soup accompanied by a chicken pate. We both enjoyed the meal, finding the service efficient and unobtrusive, We ordered the house pouring which was a choice of either an Italian or Australian red or white wine. We opted for a glass of Italian red which was a 2009 Torresella merlot,It turned out to be a great accompaniment to the meal. We also had a large bottle of sparkling mineral water served with fresh cut lemon.Simple and nice. The clientele was varied, a few workmates enjoying lunch, a mother and daughter, and us

• Visited April 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice and simple evening out”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Had great pizza at this place....pear and gorgonzola for me. I find getting unique and tasty pizza in KL to sometimes be a challenge. The staff was very attentive and overall we had a peaceful and relaxed dinner. I would recommed this place if you are looking for decent Italian as it is one of the few in this city. I would rank it below Nerovivo/Neroteca and Prego but sill falls into a night well spent category for me.

They also had a few bottles of wine that were very reasonable and well below the average price/bottle of the above restaurants mentioned.

• Visited September 2011
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Decent Italian Food in Ampang”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Nice to find a good Italian restaurant on the Ampang side of town. Things tend to be a bit grotty as you head out of the city in this direction so it is refreshing to find a stylish ambience and good food. I've posted photos on my personal blog if you'd like to see pics or read more details: http://theyumlist.blogspot.com/2011/03/la-risata-ampang-malaysia.html

Visited March 2011