“authentic Malaysian dishes”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
“authentic Malaysian dishes”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

bangsar is a tourist spot because a lot of bars and western restaurant there, but if you come to Malaysia, do taste a Malaysian food a chawan, Bangsar. It serve traditional Malay & chinese food

• Visited December 2012

• Indonesian first
“What's the big deal?”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've been to Chawan a few times, and each time I didn't like it. The food is terrible, the atmosphere was not inviting, the service was poor. I don't understand the hype

Visited June 2012
1 Thank MTG010
paris
“Terrible food”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The coffee selection is great but stay away from the food. I tried the nasi tomato rendang and my tummy feels funny after that. I ate there previously as i was meeting my friends for coffee there. I was safe but my friends say i should avoid the food. Should have listened.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ParisTulip
KL, Malaysia
“Excellent selection of Malaysian coffees”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The special thing about this place is the extensive offering of local Malaysian coffees, from Kopi HaiPeng Kemaman, to Kopi Muar & Kopi Tenom. All delicious! And, if I may say, it makes a refreshing break from the regular coffee joint offerings of fancy-roasted unpronounceable pretentiously named coffees, because Malaysian coffees have a very lemak, full-bodied, smokey flavour that just smacks of home & comfort.

My favourite is the Kopi Tenom, ice-blended on a sticky, sweltering night. I'd heard about Kopi Tenom's deliciousness from friends, but having never been to Sabah, I've never had the opportunity to try it. How convenient that I now can have it whenever I want, right in the middle of Bangsar!

Typically, I'll be here for a short coffee break with friends, be it in the middle of a weekend day, or late at night, after a movie, theatre or concert. Definitely recommended is their keropok lekor, rojak buah & nasi lemak. Deeeeelicous!

• Visited May 2012
“Go to for local food”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I love chawan.
They have a selection of local coffee from around Malaysia and their local food is very authentic too. just avoid their roti jala which i find not very nice. Other than that it's awesome. Service really depends..on good days it's good.

1 Thank tenuk