“Yogitree needs some fertilizer”
Review of Yogitree

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yogitree
Ranked #2,378 of 4,128 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Yogitree needs some fertilizer”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

4 of us were here for Sunday night dinner, as Yogitree was in the Time Out KL Top 40 under "Vegetarian cafe". Barely anything was right about this place.

The restaurant looked tired with cafeteria style tables and chairs. They practice the "open kitchen" concept but maybe they shouldn't because the kitchen looked messy and dirty - like something you'd see in a street level kopitiam kitchen.

I was with 2 vegetarian people and there was hardly anything on the menu for them (literally breaks down to spaghetti with mushrooms, broccoli soup, hummus, a mushroom tart and a salad). Woot.

The 'organic' broccoli soup came in a glass jar and tasted like lumpy hot water.

The hummus - I swear they forgot to put chickpeas in there, it tasted like bland tahini and the serving was pathetic - it came with 1 cherry tomato cut in half and panfried, with maybe 4 olives out of a jar.

The mascarpone mushroom spaghetti was super bland - I can make it better at home and faster.

The salad was a plate of greens that look like the chef just emptied out one of those pre-salad mixes, put in some chopped black olives and a few pieces of feta and tossed the whole thing in oil. As my friend said "I can make better salad in my sleep".

I ordered a barley water and it was like they had taken "water" literally. It was just water with some barley pearls thrown in for good measure, clearly it had not been brewed properly.

The desserts on menu are far from healthy and not vegan - a lot of chocolate - molten chocolate, chocolate cheesecake, chocolate brownie... very unimaginative and you could probably do better at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf downstairs.

The service was atrocious. There were only 3 other tables and we could not get the attention of the waiter despite my friend waving his hand for 5 minutes. A couple of 'chef's walked out of the kitchen looking right at us, ignored us, and walked out of the restaurant. They walked back in when we were still waving and ignored us. I literally had to shout "hello... HELLO" really loudly before the waiter came to serve us.

The only saving grace was the scoop of black sesame ice cream we had - although it tasted suspiciously a lot like peanuts it was quite good, but not enough to make up for a bad meal.

We had 6 dishes (1 nasi lemak that wasn't finished either, 1 mushroom spaghetti, 2 soups, 1 hummus plate, 1 salad), 2 drinks and 1 scoop of icecream and it came up to RM140. very poor value.

I would NOT recommend this place, especially if you have vegetarian guests, it was a terrible show and a poor reflection on Time Out that they'd even THINK about putting this on the "vegetarian" list. I know Italian restaurants in town that have far more choice for vegetarians than here.

• Visited June 2012

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Tea Time”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We bought a dining voucher from Dealmates.com, would like to patronize Yogitree for tea time. It's quite a good deal, they serve bruchetta, scones, macaroon and cake /pie of the day, hot tea is refillable.
Service wise need to be improved, in term of reservation booking, checking on guest table to refill tea as we need to wave our hands few times ask for refill. I love their tea with nice fragrant, strawberry macaroon was good but not the orange macaroon, perhaps different recipe, the texture was so different. Love the simply delicious healthy bruchetta presentation, banana & peach crumble just bit plain to me.
Please double check the stone plate upon pick up the food from kitchen, our food on the plate came with 'a little friend' and upon 'touch down to dining table' it ran away in a hurry.
I will revisit Yogitree again to sample others food in their menu :)

• Visited May 2012
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Good Organic Food”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is one of the few restaurants in KL that serves organic food, I'm not a health nut but I do know that the food there is pretty good.. especially their carbonara which is not cream based but instead, they use egg whites for the sauce.

• Visited June 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Food good....especially...”
Reviewed January 17, 2009

Food good....especially shared with good company

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Cafe with a health-oriented/organic outlook. Food isn't bad, cakes could use improvement.”
Reviewed August 13, 2008